Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 08-09-2004, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Hi guys,
I am glad to see this on here. I am also considered a disabled hunter. All of mine are injuries substained on the job as Police Officer, but still healthy. I am lucky and don't regret a moment of it. I had fun doing what I was doing and am now forced medically retired. So, I have free time on my hands and feel free to drop a line if you want to talk hunting. I am an avid hunter. Used to bowhunt with a couple elk kills under my belt, I have trouble shooting my bow now due to multiple fusions in neck. Just can't get my anchor point back.
Look forward to meeting everyone,
Marty Killion
Wyoming
Bonecollector34
Old 08-28-2004, 10:23 AM

Hello all, just found this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I am a disabled hunter and live in Western Wisconsin. I hope to make some friends and help anywhere I can.Thanks Jimmy
Old 08-28-2004, 09:33 PM

Hey there 1dahunter. where abouts in Wis. are from.i live near Beaver Dam.there are a few from Wis on this site to.welcome bigkentk.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome bigkentk I am from Boyceville I am about 65 miles ne of the Twin Cities or 14 miles nw of Menomonie. I dont own any land I mostly hunt public hunting areas except for this year I met a lady who lives near Neekosa and invited me out this season to hunt her property. She said shes got 120 acres that hasnt been hunted in 30 years so I feel really privlidged to have her let me hunt her land. I will be going down in a couple of weeks to check it out and pick a spot for maybe a ground blind. Once again thanks for the welcome! 1dahunter
Old 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM

Once is not good enough,not only do I have a desease of the spine, a week ago Friday night I had a heart attack,and was taken by Med Flight to La Crosse to Franciscin Skemp and then to be told that I have had a heart attack years ago,after I went through surgery I was told that I have only 35% of my heart left, I guess that you could say that is better than 0%, MAN when will it end . They say that everything happens for a reason,but I sure would like to know the reason . To all, hang in there, maybe now things will get better.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:16 PM

Hey Bowshooter48 Man you gotta hang in there and dont give up I had 7 heart attacks #7 got me a Quintuple bypass and I have had 7 more heart attacks since, the last one was may of 2001 and after an angioplasty they told me there is nothing they can do just go home and take it easy, To me that was a death sentence. I put my faith in the lord and didnt give up I just kept going and doing as much as I could with out pushing it. I have slowed down but I havent quit I keep on huntin and fishin. Take what you have and make the best of it but dont give up!!!!! I think the doctors wanted me to go home and wait to die BS! If I am gonna die it will be doing what makes me happy. Jimmy
Old 08-30-2004, 12:04 PM

Hey 1dahunter used to hunt just south of that area.they get a lot of deer around there.hunted around Adams for about 25 years and killed a lot of deer there.i now hunt around Medford.you should have a pretty good spot if nobodys been there for a few years.bigkentk
Old 08-30-2004, 05:26 PM

Hey bigkentk Thats exactly where we will be is around Adams I thank you for the info I am hoping to maybe get my first buck. I never see any buck around the public hunting areas during the season so maybe with the land not being hunted in 30 years I might have a chance. Any way just getting the chance to go is what its all about. Thanks again bigkentk, Jimmy
Old 08-30-2004, 09:43 PM

1dahunter, ther is a lot of deer in that area.dont know if you are handicapped or notmakes no diffrence to me.you will want to get yourself a bonus tag if you can.we used to lease a farm in that area but was sold and lost the lease.tried to buy land there but prices were a little to high so went further north.hope you can get over there and scout the place out and get your blind in place.you should see pleny of deer hopefully.bigkentk.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:13 AM

i am classified as perm disabled. i was a deputy sheriff for 25 years. i was injured when i was inside a elevator that fell 8 floors.i have a fractured back,3 buldging disc, and 2 pinched nerves.my legs are weak and my walking is very limited.my arms are also very weak.i have to use a crossbow.i live in texas between dallas and ft worth,in arlington.i could always take someone with me and we could help each other. i have a 4-wheeler and a good warm cabin. we have lots of critters and the place is beautiful.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.