Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 05-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

I stutter, but it has never affected my ability to hunt. I guess that is why i rarely frequent this forum.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:09 AM

Altho i am a disabled vet i only have nerve damage to my hand but i can still use it i live in south western Ohio i do have access to a lot of public land that can b accessed by wheel chairs im always looking for people to hunt or fish with me i do a lot of scouting all year long for deer i hunt goose squirrel turkeys and deer
Old 05-22-2004, 02:47 AM

Hello I am not a disabled hunter but I have a son Robert who is 5 and was born with amniotic band syndrome and loves to go hunting with me when mom allows us to LOL. Next year we are planning on our first youth turkey hunt. In MO the youth have to be 6 to hunt. I can't wait.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:53 PM

Disabled crossbow hunter here, new to this site. I have been plagued by arthritis and have been forced to go to a crossbow, also finding it hard to get out to the areas I used to not think twice about. Let me know if I can help you guys out.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:36 PM

Hey bloodbrotherbob. glad to see there is some new life on this forum. Was out of for awhile up at the deer camp making some improvements. you know that job is never done. As you have seen they do not post much on this forum. but welcome just the same.bigkentk.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:13 PM

Hello all. I am not disabled, it's just a little obstacle to overcome. I was born missing my left arm below my elbow. Now I don't care who says what and why, but I don't listen to anyone when they tell me what I can and can't do. Thats the reason I started bowhunting. Just to tick em' off! You just need to find a way, and all minor things can be overcomed. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Good luck this season, and (sorry guys) GO FLAMES GO!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:31 PM

Hey Pharaoh2, Sounds like i have been saying for the last 16 years. I lost my right hand and both legs just below the knees but not really a big deal just somewhat of a challenge but that alright. bigkentk.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:20 PM

]

Hello People,

I am a tool columnist for a couple of boatbuilding magazines and I am disabled. I love to hunt and fish but since I became disabled it has been hard to hunt. I can even shoot from a car here in Oregon and abide by the law but who can I get to dress and drag my game? Not my wife thats for sure. I have other friends who are disabled but they think that drinking a bottle of wiskey and hunting go hand and hand. I don't want to be killed by a drunk. I have hunted from my boat and that is fun but in Oregon you must draw tags. It isn't fair that I live in a good place to hunt and I have to put my chip in the hat with people who live in a city. Just had to rant so don't take me too seriously.

John
Old 06-11-2004, 12:58 AM

Hey announcer, That really sounds like you get a bad deal haveing to draw your permit.You would think they would put a few permits aside for the disabled to get.Hell its not like they would give you them for free anyhow.I have the same problem with some to drag and dress my game also.That really puts a crimp in your hunt when you need alittle help and there is nobody there.Hope you find an answer to your problem soon so you dont miss a chance to hunt. bigkentk
Old 06-11-2004, 06:29 AM

Announcer, given the chance, you will find a way to overcome this minor obstacle. Ever think of using a quad? And if you go to the local gun stores, I'm sure you'll find a couple of guys willing to put inthe extra effort to help you out and go hunting with you. And BigKentk, do you really want extra tags out there just because your disabled? I know if it were me, I would not even think of applying for such a thing. Up here, I'm qualified to use a cross-bow during bow season. I'll never do it. Some guys are just itching for the chance to use one, and will report the most minor injuries in the hopes the will be granted this coveted permit. I'll just keep doing things the hard way! But thats just my opinion. Have a god one guys.

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.