Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 a picture tells the story >

a picture tells the story

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

a picture tells the story

Old 05-02-2003, 06:44 PM

Default RE: a picture tells the story

Thanks so much for posting such a powerful picture. I never served our country in the armed forces, but serve every day as a law enforcement officer and nothing chaps me more than the new generation. No respect for tradition, themselves, or for those who came before them. I have a three (3) year old daughter and more on the way and hope that someday she' ll feel as much pride in that picture as I felt just now. Jane FONDA couldn' t even shine this man' s shoes.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:38 PM

First, poignant photo -- thanks for sharing.

Second, I' m seeing mixed ages in that group that is sitting. I grew up in the 60' s and 70' s and I think the world had more to shake their heads about with my generation than what my concerns are for this generation. Our 18-20 year olds in Iraq did great, as for the " sitters" there will always be those who .... " just don' t get it.

When it comes to respect and patriotism it is a little bit like hunting. There' s those who talk the talk and then there' s those who walk the walk. Our man in the wheel chair definitely " walks the walk" regardless of how many or how few steps he can actually take.

EKM
Old 05-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

My family (myself included) has served in all four branches of the military. Thankfully none of us were put into harms way but we were all ready to go if needed. To see that photo of the disabled vet standing up giving his respect for all that have died for this country and all of the other suck asses sitting there that take their freedoms for granted really hits the heart. Some of the people in this country need to wake up and smell the blood that has been shed to protect their sorry asses so that they may enjoy the freedoms that they take for granted.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My family (myself included) has served in all four branches of the military.
..You must have left out the Marines....lol
That pic brings back back memories of Dad who was a double amputee (100% DAV). I tip my hat to the man in the wheelchair.....some will never forget!
Old 06-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that is a good picture. Shows pride of being American and our military.[:-]
Old 07-11-2003, 08:05 AM

Some people just don' t realize what they have............and how lucky we are to live in a great land like this called AMERICA
Old 07-16-2003, 02:05 PM

New here on this paticular forum..........served during the storm. I agree with ELK. I do not think it is necessarily just " younger generations" . The 18-20 year old men and women fought as hard and as brave as any other vet would. The same goes for the now 30 year old servicemen and women that fought during Desert Storm. There will always be bad apples in the barrel. The question is how many other apples will they infect.

Great Pic........I' ll add it to my favorites list. Nice talking at ya.