Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Team 7 missing buck score

Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Team 7 missing buck score

I also think that a member should have a few days to get photos developed if he doesn't have a digital camera, in case a buck is taken on the last day. In my opinion 7 days after the last "hunting" day of whenever the closing date is determined to be is plenty long enough. Just my opinion.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Atlas, It's not like we don't care but there are some linguring issues here.

1 When did you all discover the missing buck? His post about his messed up forked buck was posted back on 1/13/05 and the last post on the thread was 1/17/05. When did you try to contact Spot Light? He did last post on 1/28/05 in the evening. Every PM puts a message in his personal email.
2. As I recall there was a problem with the first few posts. 1 was a tag the other was a bow. They were allowed in and notice was sent out that all must contain a bow and the tag issue was dropped. The ones that are without the bow need to be correctted or they should be disqualified. Plain and simple.
3. It doesn't sound like he even measured it. If it's a messed up forked buck, it will be hard getting 40 points unless his main beams are 10" and a 10" spread at the widest point.
4. The last rule that was put in place was that all disputes must be settled by team captains. I think it maybe that time to take it to that step. Those are real issues brought up in my point above and the contest was to be over by 1/31/05 but let's get a ruling.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was sometime after Xmas I emailed/PM'd people to see if anyone was still hunting. Spotlight said he'd gotten a small buck, but didn't think it'd matter in the contest. He said he only had pictures of the rack. Exactly what that means???? He said there were none with his bow in it. Heck I don't even know if there were any with the whole deer. I don't know if the buck would even be big enough to make a difference. I didn't know what to do, cause I don't like bringing up contreversy in a 'for fun' contest. I emailed Rob, and the other members of team 7. I felt the rest of the team should know, but was content to sit on the news to avoid the current situation. Others felt it should be brought to light and here we are. I had made repeated attempts to spotlight thru email and never heard anything back from him.

As far as I am concerned, congratulations team 8. It was a very fun time participating in this event, I hope we still have one next season.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks rybo, I think that put's it to rest. I would have liked to know about this back then because I was serious about putting O2 in one of my honey holes just so that he could pop a buck if need be. It would have been easy. He was only an hour away. If it's any consolation I doubt it would have scored more then 30 max.

It was a very fun year and I'm glad to see how close our scores were at the end. You all made it a very fun contest. I guess the other teams thought the point was to kill time for quallity points. Maybe they should switch to gun hunting and let 7 and 8 battle it out again next year.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just for the record. Maby next season before the contest starts all teams should take a look at how this season ended? And to make sure "ALL buck Big and Small" are scored and posted? It just may make the biggest deference of all? Way to go team-8 and team-7 for a very close finish.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Atlas, It's not like we don't care but there are some linguring issues here.

1 When did you all discover the missing buck? His post about his messed up forked buck was posted back on 1/13/05 and the last post on the thread was 1/17/05. When did you try to contact Spot Light? He did last post on 1/28/05 in the evening. Every PM puts a message in his personal email.
Answered by rybohunter

2. As I recall there was a problem with the first few posts. 1 was a tag the other was a bow. They were allowed in and notice was sent out that all must contain a bow and the tag issue was dropped. The ones that are without the bow need to be correctted or they should be disqualified. Plain and simple.
I just figured since no one said anything about those pics then spot lights pics would at least be treated the same if they ever even show up.

3. It doesn't sound like he even measured it. If it's a messed up forked buck, it will be hard getting 40 points unless his main beams are 10" and a 10" spread at the widest point.
That doesn't matter to me at all...........I would just like to know that all the bucks killed were counted. Whether or not it changes anything is really of no concern. At least we will all know the true final numbers..........no matter which way they add up.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Thanks rybo, I think that put's it to rest.

???
Old 02-02-2005, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: RTA47

Just for the record. Maby next season before the contest starts all teams should take a look at how this season ended? And to make sure "ALL buck Big and Small" are scored and posted? It just may make the biggest deference of all? Way to go team-8 and team-7 for a very close finish.

A better suggestion IMO would be to make participants post in order to be in the contest. They should have to respond to their teams threads or something and not just go AWOL with no way to contact them. I am willing to bet many teams had members that just popped in for a day and signed up never to return.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas, I don't mean to sound like I don't care, but maybe it is time you let it rest.

If that individual don't come up with a picture and score, there is really nothing we can do about it. If you have PM'ed and Emailed him, there is nothing left to do. Should we let the contest linger for 2 months while you guys try to track him down?

As I recall, Rob made the call to allow those animals because they were before any gun season ever opened. Plus he is the mod in charge. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

Our team hasn't heard from Rack Attack since sometime in early March and he almost always shoots a decent buck, and you don't here us crying. But then again we aren't contending for the #1 spot.

You have to remember, this was a volunteer contest. Nobody made anybody do it. If your member decided he didn't like huntingnet anymore and left (it happens once in a while) he is just gone. We all knew the possibility of someone not posting a score at the beginning. I believe that is why Rob asked for captains.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

A better suggestion IMO would be to make participants post in order to be in the contest. They should have to respond to their teams threads or something and not just go AWOL with no way to contact them. I am willing to bet many teams had members that just popped in for a day and signed up never to return.
I do believe this was done. Teams were picked prior to season and then alternates were place in for teams that couldn't contact members of their team. If you guys didn't contact your team members prior to the alternates being put in, it is just as much your fault as the other guy. I specifcally remember teams crying that they couldn't contact people that signed up. Then Rob supplied a date at which he would put in the alternates and then they were assigned.

Quick Reply: Team 7 missing buck score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.