Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Team 7 missing buck score

Old 01-31-2005, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Team 7 missing buck score

arkanasas

lol
Old 01-31-2005, 08:17 AM

We agreed it would end after ALL seasons were completed. I'm sure out of 200+ hunters someone is from AR.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I don't think the contest ends until the end of February. I know Arkanasas is still open until February 15. That should buy you some time Atlasman to get this resolved.

Hopefully.

I wouldn't think anyone would want the contest to end this way with all the time and effort some people put into it.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't think anyone would want the contest to end this way with all the time and effort some people put into it.
I would agree with your statement. But the rules were put in place for this very reason. Don't want somebody coming in a month late and saying what about me.

I feel your pain, I really do. But they should just stick to the rules. Once it is over, it is over. Not like it is going to change my results!!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

I would agree with your statement. But the rules were put in place for this very reason. Don't want somebody coming in a month late and saying what about me.

That is why I posted this before the contest ended.........that way at least everyone is aware of the situation.

I feel your pain, I really do. But they should just stick to the rules. Once it is over, it is over. Not like it is going to change my results!!
It's not really about one team...........it's the whole contest in general.

I wouldn't want to win or lose knowing all the bucks were not counted. It is very unfortunate that so much effort was put into this contest by a lot of people and this is the result.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I care who wins or loses,it's not like we're playing for $1 million but the rules were made clear in the beginning and as you've said you have made repeated attempts to contact him so to me if the deadline has come and gone it's to late. JMHO It would be like if someone killed thier buck today. to late is just that, TO LATE!.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

Not that I care who wins or loses,it's not like we're playing for $1 million but the rules were made clear in the beginning and as you've said you have made repeated attempts to contact him so to me if the deadline has come and gone it's to late. JMHO It would be like if someone killed thier buck today. to late is just that, TO LATE!.

The whole point is that a buck hasn't been counted that was killed. The guy that killed it obviously doesn't visit here often and so he may not even know it matters.

I am actually surprised that all the members of team 8 seem to not care about this. I really didn't think anyone would want to say they won a contest when truthfully they may not have..........I know I wouldn't.

I have also seen some posts basically saying "Well, the rules are the rules and that is why they are there............can't do anything about it"

There are 5 pictures in the scorecard thread with no bow in the pic...............which was a clear rule.

So which is it??...........are we following the rules tightly or not??

I really thought that some people would have posted some kind of suggestions on what if anything can or should be done about this...........a lot of people put effort and time into this thing........I guess no one cares about it anymore though.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

We better contact Rob. I could care less who wins as long as the contest is fair and honest. By the way........I honestly thought the contest ended on January 31st by the poll. I better do some checking of threads.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I could care less who wins as long as the contest is fair and honest.

My thoughts EXACTLY.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

According to the poll taken on when to close the contest 52 votes were cast. Results of the poll were:

When should we close the contest?

December 31st 17% (9)

January 15th 17% (9)

January 31st 50% (26)

February 15th 5% (3)

February 28th 9% (5)

As seen above from my copy/paste the last date to "hunt for the contest" was January 31st according to votes. That means January 31 received as many votes as the other options combined. But I have not read where it was made official, unless I am missing reading a thread. I do know there were posts made about making it the last day of the last state's season, which was February 15. I guess we need a ruling.

Quick Reply: Team 7 missing buck score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.