Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Team 7 missing buck score

Old 02-03-2005, 06:03 AM

Default RE: Team 7 missing buck score

Hell Atlas................I can send you a couple of pictures........I killed two this year that will easily put ya'll ahead ! Just PM me and we can disuss prices .........I doubt anyone remembers what I look like !!!!!!!

Jk.........but if the guy doesn't show.............what difference does it make if he claimed to kill one ? I mean..........do you really think Rack didn't kill one this year ??? I bet there is more than one no show in the contest !
Old 02-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally somebody said something that atlas wanted to hear.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

Hell Atlas................I can send you a couple of pictures........I killed two this year that will easily put ya'll ahead ! Just PM me and we can disuss prices .........I doubt anyone remembers what I look like !!!!!!!

Jk.........but if the guy doesn't show.............what difference does it make if he claimed to kill one ? I mean..........do you really think Rack didn't kill one this year ??? I bet there is more than one no show in the contest !
Well Rack has not given any indication that he has so why bother looking into it. If he said he did kill a buck and just hasn't gotten around to post it I would say try to figure out a way to get it done. All bucks killed should be counted........no matter what place the team is in. What is the point of a contest if we are gonna leave bucks uncounted??
Old 02-03-2005, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

Finally somebody said something that atlas wanted to hear.

gutshot,

What is the problem you have with this??

The contest is still open.

We have a team member that has killed a buck but not reported it yet.

End of story.

Don't you want every buck that was killed to be counted??

I don't understand your abrasiveness to this thread.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

My only problem with this is when everybody thought that the final date was 1/31/01, before they announced that the competiton was still on until 2/15/05, you said that you were just looking for a solution but everytime somebody said that it was to late you argued but as soon as someone agreed with you you were all for that solution. I don't have a problem at all giving the guy until Feb. 15 but if that day comes and goes and he still hasn't posted his buck to bad. And if it's true that he only has a pic of the rack to bad. I guess from what I was reading that you were only going to agree with someone that agreed with you. If that's not true I apologize but from what I read that seems to be the case. And I'm not being "abrasive" you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. To late is to late.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

My only problem with this is when everybody thought that the final date was 1/31/01, before they announced that the competiton was still on until 2/15/05, you said that you were just looking for a solution but everytime somebody said that it was to late you argued but as soon as someone agreed with you you were all for that solution. I don't have a problem at all giving the guy until Feb. 15 but if that day comes and goes and he still hasn't posted his buck to bad. And if it's true that he only has a pic of the rack to bad. I guess from what I was reading that you were only going to agree with someone that agreed with you. If that's not true I apologize but from what I read that seems to be the case. And I'm not being "abrasive" you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. To late is to late.

Seeing how I started this thread on 1-30 I don't see your point. No one believed the contest to be closed and that is the whole reason I posted BEFORE it was too late.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Wow, this is sad that a contest that had soooooo much time and effort put into it has come down to this!

Hopefully you guys can contact him and get a pic and have the team captains vote! I understand Atlas's point of view, it seems like a waste to have a contest set up to see which team can get the highest collective score, just to have a guy on a team not count his deer, wether it matters or not!

But, I see everyone else's point. It was stated in the rules that pictures were supposed to be of a whole deer, with the hunter and bow in the picture, with the exception of the deer killed before any rifle seasons started! If he doesn't want to contribute, that is his problem, and it is a disgrace to the contest, but there is nothing we can do. We can't predict the deers score and we can't say wether it was legit or not! I feel terrible for team 7, but it seems as though their team-mate didn't understand what a team is!

As far as Rack-Attack goes, I really wish he would get on here and post an update. I don't care if he got a deer or not, I just want to know how he has been and shoot the breeze with him. I know that he had very little free time when he opened his own archery shop!

All I have left to say is that this contest was set-up with the trust that everyone would do the right thing and be truthfull. It was everyones responsability to score their deer accurately and to report them with the needed pictures!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whether the score comes in or not the contest was far from a disgrace. Having one guy not record a score or get a valid pic cause he thought the buck wouldn't mean anything, it is just something that happens. Doesn't make him a bad guy, hopefully it doesn't make anyone not want to participate next year. Up until this small glitch, and a little score"debating", this contest ran really smoothly and has been a great deal of fun. So in the end whatever the deal turns out to be I have no hard feelings either way.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Whether the score comes in or not the contest was far from a disgrace

I agree totaly. This has been a very fun hunting season due to this contest.
I love clicking on to the teams threads and seeing and reading the storys behind there kills and what kind of buck someone had taken for there team! Much fun!
Of course there is always has been and always will be some small type of controversy durring any kind of contest where there is competition? fun or not? No more than the little disgreements that we have had this yr, I would say it was a great success!!
Many times when there is something new there has to be a few bugs worked out in order to make it run as smooth as possiable. And now sence we have an officail closing date on this contest 02/15/05. No problem
Old 02-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of reminds me of the golf pro who lost the tournament because he didn't sign his card. Rules are Rules. It's regrettable but doesn't undermine the whole competition.

Quick Reply: Team 7 missing buck score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.