Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

I didn't get much time out in the woods this weekend. I am hosting a cancer stricken Ohio teacher on a special hunt. It is his 'Hunt of a Lifetime' although it is not affiliated with that program.

He brought a couple of buddies with him for a 5 day hunt. So far they have seen a number of deer including a few 2 year old bucks. One guy killed a doe last night. I left camp tonight before they got in.

Wind has been horrible this weekend. It was gusting to about 35 mph on Saturday and going straight up the valleys we hunt. I was skunked last night until I walked out and then I got blown at by half a dozen deer.

I may get out for an hour or so Monday afternoon as I check on Chris and the boys in camp.

I am waiting for November to get here so I can have a better chance at a good one.

Good luck all-
Old 10-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Having some tough weather in the Midwest over the last few days...but I guess that's the Midwest for ya. Went out Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. On Friday, saw a doe and two yearlings, but never had a clean shot on the doe...had shots on both the young ones though. Didn't see much on Saturday, but Sunday morning I was gently rattling the antlers together and a very nice 8 ptr. came to investigate. He was within three feet of getting in the clear for a good shot, but since he didn't see two bucks fighting he went back where he came from. I was pulled back for about a minute before letting down...very exciting, but frustrating none the less. I'm pretty sure this guy was a very nice 6 ptr last year...passed him up during the pre-rut.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:41 PM

Slim pickins in Arkie land this weekend.

Saw a few does and little ones, and then 2 small bucks (5 pt. and spike), but no shooters.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

I went out again last night and had lots of activity. I saw what looked like a large bodied deer, but never got to see the head in the thick stuff. Hopefully I can get out again tonight.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Man I blew it last night!!!!I watched 2 bucks making territorial scrapes on the field edge..Watched 2 young bucks chase a doe all over and then called in a big 8pt to 10 yds and missed!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I blew on the grunt and then made a few doe calls..I could hear his steps and then the dried soybeans shaking as he walked in..It was still fun! I love when they respond like that! Had my heart going good!

Hit a branch because the arrow was 20 ft to the left.. He ran out, stopped, and just kept walking. Hopefully I didn't scare him too bad...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: jerseyjoe

Man I blew it last night!!!!I watched 2 bucks making territorial scrapes on the field edge..Watched 2 young bucks chase a doe all over and then called in a big 8pt to 10 yds and missed!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I blew on the grunt and then made a few doe calls..I could hear his steps and then the dried soybeans shaking as he walked in..It was still fun! I love when they respond like that! Had my heart going good!

Hit a branch because the arrow was 20 ft to the left.. He ran out, stopped, and just kept walking. Hopefully I didn't scare him too bad...

Nothing like the bowhunting experience!!!

Doesn't sound as if he spooked to bad though.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:07 PM

Joe doesn't sound like you scared the old boy to bad. Hopefully he'll be back.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:40 AM

Default RE: Official Team 23 Thread

didn't want the thread to fall off the board

Good Luck TEAM 23 this weekend!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 23 Thread

Right on! Good luck this weekend fellas! Not going out until tomorrow morning...probably in the rain and wind...but I'm thinking there won't be any deer walking through my living room at 7:30 in the morning so I better get my butt out in the woods.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

I am going to get out tomorrow night. Good luck to everyone.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.