Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Hey Y'all,

Hunting In Carolina has been hard the last few weeks.. Its either to hot or raining like cats and dogs... lol... Virginia season starts Saturday.. I got a stand up in a spot that looks really really promising... Good to y'all... Hope we get some bucks checked in...

GIT R DONE
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

I hear ya NC...Been hot up this way too..Looks like the weather will be turning this week. Gonna try and "Git r done" on Saturday..
Old 09-29-2004, 07:42 PM

Hunter 25, good luck tommorrow buddy. I'll finally be in the woods on Saturday...Can't Wait.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 PM

I went hunting again today. I decided to try a different spot though. I found a perfect setup at the top of a hill with a trail made from deer tracks going strait up the hill from a stream at the bottom. There were some boulders at the top that made for a perfect waiting place. There was even a bedding area in front of the bolders. I got up there and waited for about 2 hours. Then I heard the crunching of steps and waited. The anticipation was killing me. Finally the buck walked high enough on the trail that I could see it clearly. And it was a 1 pointer. A one pointer! I decided not to take that shot. I'm going again tomorrow though. I know that the 1 pointer isn't the only deer using that trail.
Good luck to those of you whose season is about to open!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 AM

Well the season opened today and I was fortunate enough to be able to see the sunrise on another bow season.

Was only able to sit for a few hours b/c I had to get to work, but to my surprise their was quite a bit of EARYLY activity. I saw 6 does and a nice 8 pt. within the first hour of light. I could have stuck 2 of the does but held off as I am not quite that hungry, yet, and didn't really feel like dressing a doe before work, but I would have for the 8 had he been in another 15 yds. or stopped in a clear spot with a good angle, which didnt' exist between his route and my tree.[:@]

Hope all is doing well.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Just nice to be out there....

Going to hunt the PM tonight...Sneaking out early from work!
Old 10-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been out several times with no luck.[:@] I did have a mule deer doe @ 26-yards two days ago. I have had several deer inside my comfort range of 40-yards. Just none have been big enough to shoot.
The big 170-class buck has stopped hanging around with the does. I might have to wait for the rut before I get a shot at him?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

I got out today and saw all does. I could have shot three that were smaller than my chocolate labs and passed. I hope tomorrow turns out better. Good luck all!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Went out Sat afternoon on my Greene County farm.

I saw 8 bucks and 6 does. 1 coyote

No shot opportunities.

2 more on way home.

Not a bad start.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:45 PM

Open day report-->

7:05: had a small spike walk under my tree and bed down till around 7:25. He eventually walked off into the timber.

7:45: had two does pass by at 20 yards, i passed hoping my nephew would get a shot( he was set up 60 yards away).

Those were the only three deer i saw all morning, and ended up seeing the same three later that afternoon. No shots but it was good to be back in the stand and seeing deer.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.