Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread >

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

its pretty quiet in here lately, how goes the hunting NcHuntnFever, Wolf Killer, LLBUX, hunter25, and zukidude?? It's been awhile since we heard from yall.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I can sum it up like this...corn is still standing in the timber I hunt out of. Weather has been bad for picking/cutting, farm equipment failures and lack of storage space for corn around here equates to some difficult hunting conditions. You can see them in the corn, but there's not much you can do about it w/ a bow. Oh well...I'm not done bowhunting yet, and I finally saw a huge one last night...chasing two does. I saw three like this last year, but have yet to see any this year...mainly due to a lot of standing corn still around. Oh, gotta love hunting.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:14 AM

I'm leaving for the woods now. Hoping to get in the stand and see some evening action. Good luck feallas!
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Wish I had good news, but I have not had a decent bucks come by just yet. My hunting time has been limited due to family and teaching (job) responsibilities.

On weekends I have had groups of guys coming in and out so that takes up much of my time schmoozing hunters. (I have a small outfitting business)

So far my last 12 guys have missed 9 different P&Y aand bigger bucks. I have one guy hunting this weekend during our early gun season. I had 4 guys in early October that enjoyed their time but did not score on a good buck.

Total for 16 bow hunters this fall was 0 bucks and 1 doe. That really stinks. They missed 9 record book quality bucks and 3 does that I know of. I put them on deer, I wish they could have scored. Some of them will be coming back in December free of charge. Maybe they can score then.

Anyways, I'll be out a bit next weekend during our Thanksgiving break. I'm still tryin'!

Good luck all!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still hunting for the big one. Hunting with a bow during rifle season sucks.[:@]
Old 11-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Go get 'em boys! Deer have been moving very well here in Iowa. I have seen a nice 140 class 10 point twice here lately. I have also seen alot more bucks all day long. You boys in Illinois should be in a very similar situation I would think. Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My deer season is over for 2004. I never did kill a buck. I had several chances but none at the buck I wanted.[:@] I hope the big boy I was hunting makes it one more year? I sure would like to hunt him again next year.
So my total score for the contest = 0-points.[]
Unless you enter the elk I killed as a deer. If you did I could add about 230-inches to the teams total score.
Sorry I could not add anything to our teams score. I did hunt all of Montana's rifle season with a bow for deer. Just so I could enter a buck in this contest if I killed one.
Good luck hunting to everyone else.

p.s. I had fun with this contest, I hope we can do it again next year.

Thanks,

WK
Old 11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey thats no big deal Wolf Killer, thats why they call it hunting Congrats on the elk, did you get any pictures?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:02 PM

I have been out hunting alot.. deer where I have been hunting just aren't coming out that much...
Old 12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

is anybody still hunting??

Quick Reply: Official Team "Braggin Bucks" (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.