Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

well guys, its just not looking good at all. I have no stand that is seeing any daytime movement. I did find alot of sign in an area that holds big bucks.....BUT I ended up walking right in front of my friends trial cam!! So I had to get outta there so I didnt mess any of his setup up. He is hunting in another area tho...so maybe I can sweet talk him into letting me hunt it. Cross your fingers for me. Hopefully I can get in there and these bucks not be nocturnal and come thru while I'm there. Maybe I'll be able to help the team I dont know. I'm just getting very discouraged.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:08 PM

finally found thread is there anybody out there
Old 12-14-2004, 10:22 PM

hey guys i took a nice 13 pointer on 12 13 04 he went about 75yards. he was not the one i wanted but but i'm very happy i took him he scored 144 3/8. i had the grandad at 90 yards and 74 yards but thats a little out of range. anyway thanks to scentlock and a always dependable muzzy attached to a gold tip coming from a hoyt he's down and all out of fluid. good luck guys lets post some points
Old 12-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally a little life from our team. Congrat bldtrail! Can't wait to see pics. I still have around a month of bow season left. I've seen a few bucks but nothing worth shooting yet. Hopefully I can catch one in a food plot during the next month.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Way cool bldtrailone.....we needed a few more yet....lol Sounds like it was one heck of fine buck, but we need ya to post pics and the score without deductions in the Official Scorecard thread.....lol
On another note, where I hunt here in WI, rifle season is open until Jan 3 05, so with the deer being so spooked from all the shooting bow season is pretty much over for me even though I DO have a buck tag to use yet. I did manage to take a decent 8 point on Thanksgiving day around 2 pm; he isn't huge, but he was the only buck I saw.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:52 PM

I still here guys!! Altho its not lookin good. I have eleven days left and most off my hunting area is completely dead. There is little deer movement at all!! I have set up a trail cam in a new area that may have potential. I was devistated to find the buck that I had been hunting dead only 100 yrds from my stand. The pics are posted in the regular forum. He wouldve went close to 140. You guys wish me luck I have at least one untapped late season "honeyhole" left to check out.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:56 PM

also...I'm pretty sure that we have atleast one buck thats not in the score sheet yet, but was killed a month ago. I tried sending out emails to some members a while back but never got anything back. Have you guys heard anything??
Old 12-28-2004, 07:53 PM

CONGRATS!! Nice to know someone can gitter done. I am getting very discouraged. Haven't seen a buck since Thanksgiving....makes sense tho...the rut is over and they are just layin around putting on fat.. My biggest problem is I just can't find where they are feeding at. I get some pass through traffic in my morning stand catchin them going to bed, but my evenings are shot.....can't get them figured out at all.....I have 3 weekends left, so I am not giving up, but I am running out of gas.......
Old 12-29-2004, 07:42 PM

mobowhuntr...good luck to you. I only have 2 days left, and im not seeing any action at all!! this is not good. Even if i dont get to help the team much, it was a pleasure being on this team and being a part of this contest. I'm already looking forward to next year's.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I give up. I went all day again today, nothing, nodda, zip, zilch. Season closes the 15th, but I believe it just closed for me today. Sorry we didn't do better, I had one chance at a good one this year and I blew it. Being on the team was fun, let's do it again next year!