Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread >

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...11338&z=17&w=1
Old 09-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry it did not post on the big message try above
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 PM

I don't know Rob, maybe I should come up there & help you figure it out. I should be free, say, around October 2nd. [8D]

Sorry, I'll take a look at it a little closer when I get home. At a quick glance it looks pretty flat from the topo. Any obious travel routes betwen the lower right & upper left fields?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:26 AM

Im going to hunt hard the next two days.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:21 PM

Just checking in after a week up north hunting/fishing. Hunting was very slow, walleye fishing was great, and the weather was warm-too warm for up there this time of year. I saw a few does and fawns during the week but no bucks. I had a few pictures of bucks from my one trail camera that was still working. One was a possible shooter but all three were shot at night. Is anybody seeing as bucks?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:56 PM

Our season starts Friday. I spent the weekend setting the remainder of my stands. I feel good about the location of all of them. Got a good case of poison ivy on my arms but I had no choice.... I had to set a stand in this particular tree! I won't be back to my property until I start hunting the end of October. I get serious then. I may hunt locally on public ground and some friend's property until then but don't expect to do much until November. Wishing everyone else a successful season.
Mick
Old 09-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the latest? Season starts Saturday here in Ohio! Does anyone have anything to share?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:42 AM

Nothing much new here. Just waiting for the Ohio opener tomorrow. Unfortunately family obligations are taking me out of town for the weekend, but I have managed to negotiate a few hours in the woods tomorrow morning so Dad & I will be heading out. My dad hit the spring turkey woods with me this year for his first hunting experience ever. So this will be his first deer season and I couldn't let him miss out on opening morning.

Since my last post here, I've gotten permission on another very prime piece of property. I think I mentioned in an early post way back something about our neighbors property. It's bordered by ours on 2 sides and the state park on one other. Nothing but 45 acres of rolling terrain, creeks, funnel after funnel. This is where the majority of the bedding seems to be taking place in our area. It only gets hunted very lightly each year during our one week gun season. I've managed to get permission for myself over there this year. I'm pretty excited because I've spotted some very nice bucks over there in the past & have seen one very large deer so far this year.

Only problem is that I can't take anyone with me. He said "sure, go ahead & hunt it. As long as it's just you & no one else." The only problem with that is that a buddy & I have been trying to get permission for the past several years. But every year we go over & talk to him together & he blows us off. I figured I'd go alone this time (less intimidating) and ask for permission for both of us rather than teaming up on him. Unfortunately my plan backfired a little. I'm excited to be hunting over there but my buddy isn't quite so excited for me (understandable). But it's not like I went over there with the intention of getting the whole place to myself. He hadn't mentioned it all year & he could have just as easily gone and asked himself.

Oh well. Happy hunting everyone! Good luck to those who's seasons are finally about to start.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:26 PM

Good luck to those of you heading out this weekend. I checked out a new piece of property this past week where two friends and I have permission to hunt. In fact if it wasn't so windy here(30mph) I would be heading over there instead of sitting here. Looks good. Corn, clover, swamps, oak trees, and set aside. I saw one scrape and a number of rubs from this year and about 4-5 excellent stand sights for my climber. I think most of the deer are spending most of their time in the standing corn right now but that will change soon enough. We saw three does and one large buck when we were walking around. I will be up there hunting tomorrow and Sunday evening.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Things are shapping up for a good season here in NY. Oct. 15 is the opener and I'm pretty much ready. I have a few more sights I have to trim for later in the season but other than that I'm set. I hope everyone is enjoying there tree time thus far. Good luck and keep us updated as to how your doing.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Antler Addicts" (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.