HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow-52/)
-   -   Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-bow/70000-official-team-non-typical-3-thread.html)

davidw 08-23-2004 12:39 PM

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Team 3 guys, let's hear from you.

Deer902 08-23-2004 02:11 PM

RE: Team 3

My name is Bob. I live and hunt in SW PA. There are not alot of monsters around here, but there is a couple nice ones I've got my eye on. Good luck to all. Hey Big Country, any chance of you shooting one big enough for the both of us?

MO_Bowhnter 08-23-2004 02:52 PM

Hi, I'm Matt. I'm a college student so I should have a decent amount of time to hunt. I live in Missouri and me and my friend have got an eye on about 3 real nice bucks. Also I'll be making a few trips to MO/IOWA border so maybe I can bring home a big one this year.

Good luck everyone

Dave Solgat 08-23-2004 07:08 PM

Hi guys. I'm Dave as you can see by my username and I just got back from scouting an area that has river on one side, loose hardwoods behind and about an acre of white pine so thick that an elephant could hide in it. Tons of trails all around and running through and one of the few easy areas to water. Looks great so now I just have to wait for one of those northern Wisconsin monsters to appear:D. Oh yea, I have to do my part too.
Good luck to all my teammates and lots of does and fawns for everyone else[:-]

kshunter 08-24-2004 08:45 AM

My name is Joey. I'm here and getting anxious for deer season to start. This is the first year in the past 3, that I will have a good amount of time to hunt. I'm graduated from college so I don't have a lot of homework except for an occasional class while trying to get my MBA. But I don't work the weekends anymore, and have been hearing of some nice ones being seen around my hunting spots. I see some high-scoring bucks every year, but haven't been able to pull through in the past couple of season. I'm going to try to bowhunt exclusively and have a 9 day hunt planned, starting the 30th of October in Western Ks out in the open plains. There aren't a lot of deer but when you see one, they're usually a brute. Spot and stalking is tough out there, but is a lot of fun, whether it is after a mulie or whitetail, which is roughly a 50-50 ratio out there. Good luck to you guys. I'll be checking in. I'm going back scounting mid-september.

Dubbya 08-24-2004 12:20 PM

hey guys, I'm Dustin I go to school at OU and hunt in northern oklahoma. We open up on the first so I'm excited. Saw a couple a great bucks earlier in the year. I can't wait!!

Deer902 08-24-2004 05:07 PM

Team 3
Bigcountry
JasontheHunter
davidw
Bow Hnt
MO Bowhunter
Dave solgat
Deer902
Dwd2001
Dmax4me
KShunter

Anyone else for team 3? We're still missing a couple to check in yet.

dmax4me 08-25-2004 09:21 AM

RE: Team 3 Thread

Hi,
My name is Scott. I live in South Central PA. I have been seeing some nice ones this year.
I also hunt in Hancock County, Illinois. My father and I go out twice a year. Once for a week of archery and once for the first 3 day firearm season. I hope to score again out there this year. Here is a picture of the one I took in archery season last year in IL.

MO_Bowhnter 08-25-2004 11:37 AM

Keep it up DMAX!!

Deer902 08-25-2004 12:17 PM

Hey guys, Make sure you check in at the "check in" thread. Let them know your around and let them see if we need an alternate.