Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread >

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

I'm gonna sneak out this afternoon but the spot I'm hunting has a huge overpopulation of does. I'm really going for meat in the freezer. If I'm lucky I might put us on the board but we'll see.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Yee Haw - got my last tax return out - so some of the crunch time pressure is off now! - Will try to get out on Sunday morning

Good luck to all!!

Mike
Old 10-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody having any luck seeing good bucks yet?

I have only hunted 3 mornings so far, but I will be out for a few hours tomorrow morning.

Then the following monday I am off for Illinois until november 20th.

Good luck team # 3!
Old 10-17-2004, 06:34 PM

Big country- Good luck in Illinois. I know there are some real dandy's up there. Good luck hooking up with one.

Next weekend I'll be going up to kirksville, MO which is home to some big deer.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

hello boys. I had a pretty busy week out in the woods. I was in the stand thursday morning and evening. I got busted by a doe while I was drawing down on a pretty good buck. I didn't even see her. Friday morning I saw a bunch of deer crossing the field about 150yards from my stand, so the friday night I put up the ground blind in a swee spot, but nothing happened. I went out to a new place tonight, no deer but there were tracks everywhere. I know they were fresh because it rained a couple days ago.

So... needless to say, I haven't killed much other than a squirrel yet this year. My buddy shot a really nice 8pt this weekend. The brow tine is like a 3 inch paddle that curves along the back of his head. I will post some pics when my batteries get charged up.

KS-good luck with your grandfather, I will keep him in my prayers.

good luck guys.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:24 PM

I saw 4 does and 1 small buck friday night. 2 yearlings passed by 40 yds. behind my stand and got busted by a doe 60 yds. away (I still can't figure it out). She was hung up in behind a thicket for about 5 mins. and I couldnt see her so i decided to sit back down. Somehow she saw me and blew at me for 2 mins. Meanwhile another deer 50 yds. to my right paid no attention lol.

It was a fun hunt though.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:05 AM

Sounds like things are starting to heat up. Good luck to all you guys traveling.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to go out for one day, on Saturday. Ended up taking a big doe, but I didn't see any big bucks. I saw a lot of scrapes and rubs though. Plus I was able to get the kill on video. Even though it was a doe, i'm was still pretty excited to get the deer on video. Good luck to you guys that are hunting.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:08 PM

Is there any way you can host that video on the internet? I would love to see it.

Way to go now get that buck.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

well done KS. that would be a sweet video to see. I have a pretty good buck patterened I'm gonna try to get him tonight. wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.