Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow Magazine >

Crossbow Magazine

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Magazine

Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crossbow Magazine

Guys,
I got a letter in the mail the other day thanking me for my new magazine subscription this year.
I did subscribe last year and this year I get that I automatically
purchased the Crossbow Magazine on my credit card.
I'm going to check this out as it sort of p..... me off that they did that.
Anyone else have this situation??
Thanks
daddus
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

ALOT of companies do that with EVERYTHING now days. They use a 'nice voice' and say, "Ohhhh WE will save YOU the hassle and WE will just AUTOMATICALLY charge YOUR CREDIT CARD nextyear come renewal time!"

I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS, when I am told that I tell them to MAKE SURE IT's GOOD AND DRY FIRST & THEN STICK IT WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST!!!

Tell them I'm NOT subscribing now because of your incident and tell them you likewise WONT be renewing UNTIL they ditch this policy! Enough of that and they WILL change their minds... or simply go broke trying!

And now that I think about it, it ROYALLY DOUBLY P>>>s ME OFF when they say, "Well we are going to keep doing this until YOU call US and notify US that YOU want payment/service stopped!" And then of course it NEVER happens with one call, they jerk you around for several more months, you have to talk to umpteen bajillion Hadji-Rodji's on the phone in Bangladesh who can't understand the Queens English so it becomes YOUR problem just to quit having someone STEAL your money.... SCREWEM thrice I say!!!

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 02-25-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get two publications. One is Horizontal Bowhunter from the ACF, the other, Crossbow Connection. I've never had the experience you describe, was it one of these?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

No it was a new outfit out of PA
Old 04-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Just call your credit card company and tell them the magazine is not authorized to charge your card. Works every time.