Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Why Not West Virginia >

Why Not West Virginia

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Not West Virginia

Old 11-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Coyote Kid
Seems like a good idea to have a crossbow season in WV, but for some reason we can't even have one in the woods for anything without a Y permit that would need to come with a doctors permit.
CK
law , lobby to change
Old 12-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Read an earlier post regarding recurves and the opposition to compounds. From what I hear it is still pretty much the same but with crossbows being the devil vs. the compound. Here in WV the rumor is that the West Virginia Bowhunters Assoc. has the ear and other parts of our legislature and is preventing the use of crossbows. With as greedy as the WV DNR is, I expect them to be legalized shortly and then the DNR can sell a separate license fee to use them. I bowhunt with my 04' Outback and I don't care what people use.