Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
New Bow, Blown String!!! >

New Bow, Blown String!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Bow, Blown String!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I am not questioning the tech well maybe I am but no ill intent meant. I had this exact same thing happen last season as I was shooting at a deer scared the crap out of me as well and not to mention no deer!!! I was very concerned so I went to talk to the dealer and have my bow checked out. He said this usually happens when the bolt and nock are not tightly seated against the string. He felt it creeped forward in the rail as I carried it pointing at the ground so when I pulled it up to shoot at the doe it was like dry firing it. Made sense to me as I was walking back to the truck when I saw a nice doe so I never checked the bolt never knew I had to as it was still in the bow. So I will be checking from now on periodically through my hunts to make sure it is all the way back in the rail and seated properly. Lucky it was a Excalibur and not a compound crossbow it would have been ruined.