Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
need help with crossbow >

need help with crossbow

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

need help with crossbow

Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Spike

Default need help with crossbow

i just bought a carbon express crossbow.i sighted it in.n it still shots low.but my adjustments r to the max.what can i do.if it shooting low do i move my adjustments low.or hi.thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of sights?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mdbowhunter811 View Post
i just bought a carbon express crossbow.i sighted it in.n it still shots low.but my adjustments r to the max.what can i do.if it shooting low do i move my adjustments low.or hi.thanks
If you are using a scope, I think they make shims for scope mounts to solve this issue.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Spike

4x32 scope i use
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

What is your bolt/broadhead setup? Maybe switching to a lighter broadhead if your shooting over 100 grain.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Count the clicks from all the way from one way to all the way the other and go 1/2 way back. Both W and E. Start at 10 yds w/ field points, get arrow in centerish of target, go to 20 and see what happens w/ field points.

If you still have trouble call where you bought it and get another scope.

There's a lot of experience w/ xbows on this forum, but alas, no crystal balls, you need to give as much info per post as you can if you're gonna get by this..............
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Spike

Center the crosshairs like Awshucks says then shim to make the scope point to where the are arrow are hitting. In your case shim the rear mount to point the Xhair down. Be careful if you have a 2-pc mount as may have to shim the front base also to keep from bending the scope tube. A 1-pc mount is the easiest.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Spike

I put a 2.75X rifle scope on my crossbow and had to use shims to zero it. It's no big deal.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Spike

I should have said I had to use shims to zero it AT 30 YARDS. That's the distance to my bait.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by awshucks View Post
Count the clicks from all the way from one way to all the way the other and go 1/2 way back. Both W and E. Start at 10 yds w/ field points, get arrow in centerish of target, go to 20 and see what happens w/ field points.

If you still have trouble call where you bought it and get another scope.

There's a lot of experience w/ xbows on this forum, but alas, no crystal balls, you need to give as much info per post as you can if you're gonna get by this..............
I agree with Awshucks.