Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Rifle scope on crossbow? >

Rifle scope on crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rifle scope on crossbow?

Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Spike

Default Rifle scope on crossbow?

I put a rifle scope on my Ten Point Elite. I've heard more than once that a rifle scope is not designed for the recoil/vibration of the crossbow and the eyepiece will crack where it threads on to the tube.
I figure maybe these scopes are cheap. My scope is a 40 year old Bushnell and I've shot it on the crossbow at least 50 times with no ill effect. Anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes the bear eats you, lol. I use two xbow specific scopes but have also heard the same.............
Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

If it's a decent scope then there's no issue.
Also parallax is a non-issue as well. If someone tells you different just nod your head and move on.
BTW, I've shot my crossbows with Leupolds and 4200s a thousand or more shots with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Last edited by Dnk; 08-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I've had a Nikon scope on my Excal for years now and no problems.
I personally think rifle scopes are an advantage because of light gathering capabilities...mine has a 50 MM lens