Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Tenpoint under 500 >

Tenpoint under 500

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tenpoint under 500

Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Spike

Odds are the new Wicked Ridge line are imports.

I have asked several times on two different forums and they won't answer my direct question about where the bow is made.

I will bet $100 that it is made by Poe Lang or another Chinese crossbow company.

Rest assured when they ship Wicked Ridge products the location of manufacture will be on the box!

Honorable companies and individuals admit the truth BEFORE they are caught.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default probably correct

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy

I have asked several times on two different forums and they won't answer my direct question about where the bow is made.

I will bet $100 that it is made by Poe Lang or another Chinese crossbow company.

Rest assured when they ship Wicked Ridge products the location of manufacture will be on the box!

I gave a guess on crossbow nation, with not made in Ohio as one of the guesses for a low cost bow. It will come out sooner or later.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy

What, you need a signed statement? It's a $399-$499 bow sold by 10 pt. Duh!

The term 'assembled in USA' is used very loosely as you should well know. I believe some companies term their products that if only applying labels. Know any companies guilty of that practice?

I can't off hand compound xbows due to physical limits, but if I could and was in the market for an entry level bow, I'd much rather deal w/ 10 pt than Sportsmans Guide.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things to look fer on the CB's! Machined riser & alum. rail! If its not there go else where if you can afford to. I spect these will be entry lvl CB's could be a good CB to get yer feet wet with!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default ????

Originally Posted by Buckeyefootball
It looks like from another site tenpoint is going to have a crossbow under 500.00. What a price point.

What does.... "What a price point." mean?

And just as another question Buckeyefootball/Hunter2... do you know that the Titan HLX is under 500?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Flippinstk

A price point is what a person or buisness determines they will pay or charge for the goods they are buying/selling. The cost you may decide to pay for a new item is the price point you have decided for the features it has or ommits. You may want a new TV but set a price point of 500. You lets say in advance know that that may give you a up to 37 inch LCD with 720P resolution, 60 HZ. You know not to expect a 46 inch with 1080P and 120 HZ since thats not the price point for such a TV. TenPoint is going to the lower price point consumer segment with these bows. With the new states allowing crossbows this seems to be a good move. Thanks for the respectfull question. I hope this answers it .
Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
Things to look fer on the CB's! Machined riser & alum. rail! If its not there go else where if you can afford to. I spect these will be entry lvl CB's could be a good CB to get yer feet wet with!
I would bet that the riser is Verton (glass reinforced polypropylene) plastic.

This is the configuration that TP's new $899 Turbo XLT. If TP's new super affordable bow has a plastic stock and rail than you would think that the entry level import bow is going to have no better technology.

I say import because no one at Ten Point will answer the question as to whether or not Wicked Ridge is made in the us or not.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Wicked Ridge Crossbows are made with components from around the world, mostly from the United States of America. The crossbows are assembled, quality checked, packed in and distributed from TenPoint’s factory in Mogadore, Ohio. All of this work will be performed by American taxpayers, holding these jobs right here in America.

Consumers can expect the same quality and customer service we deliver to our TenPoint Crossbow Technologies’ customers.

Wicked Ridge Crossbows are covered by a 5-year warranty. They are the best crossbows manufactured under $500 - ever.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 10ptCrossbow
Wicked Ridge Crossbows are made with components from around the world, mostly from the United States of America. The crossbows are assembled, quality checked, packed in and distributed from TenPoint’s factory in Mogadore, Ohio. All of this work will be performed by American taxpayers, holding these jobs right here in America.

Consumers can expect the same quality and customer service we deliver to our TenPoint Crossbow Technologies’ customers.

Wicked Ridge Crossbows are covered by a 5-year warranty. They are the best crossbows manufactured under $500 - ever.
From the source. Good to hear.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

That will make lots of 1st time buyers happy, what kind of fps & poundage are the models going to be ?