Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 parker crossbows >

parker crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

parker crossbows

Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default parker crossbows

i know i keep posting but i need info, so sorry.I currently have a phoenix as my main hunting crossbow but want another and the cyclone and tornado look good.i just kinda worried what Wyvern said about the trigger on the tornado.i have large hands and may be a issue.Also is the cyclone a good one?some of the reviews on basspro and cabelas say negetive things about the string and other things.just wondering if anyone has or uses one.tornado or cyclone?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: parker crossbows

When the Cyclone first came out there were a few "bugs" that had to be worked out. Those got taken care of. Parker at that time was using a company for strings that sent a bunch out with 28 not 32 strands so they had a rash of breaks that again, got taken care of...OH, they no longer use that company and the company they are using it top notch!!. Anyway, the Cyclone and Hurricane are not out yet (09 models) so a few more weeks till we see them again. The Tornado is IMO a more usable bow...shorter, MUCH easier to cock, and quiet, but the trigger IMO is not good for people wiht long fingers. People with short fingers will love it!! If you have long fingers the Cyclone/Tornado will be more comfortable for you...Keep in mind...these are just my opinions...I tend to call it like I see it but dont take it as gospel you may be very happy wiht that trigger so I would recomend once they come out get one in your hands if you can and make your own decision.

Wyvern

P.S. I was personaly involved in that review you are talking about on Cabelas (long story ) and there is quite a bit more to that story than what the review reveals...so take it with a bit of a grain of salt
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

thanks forthe info wyvern.so does that mean the cyclone 08s have the string issues still?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Only the very very first ones built and only a small percentage of those. One sure way to tell is look to see if both loops are served or not. If one is not served it is the older string.
Wyvern