Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Parker Crossbows? >

Parker Crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Crossbows?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default Parker Crossbows?

I am working part time in a sporting goods store-and they sell Parker Xbows as well as XCalibur. I am familar with XCalibur but don't have any experience with Parker.

anyone have experience with the Parker Xbows-how they perform-accuracy-ease of cocking-or the accuracy of their scope sites?

thanks..
Old 05-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parker Crossbows?

I bought a Parker Safari Magnum hp175 for my wife and am very pleased with every thing about this crossbow and would recommend it to any
one,very accurate,very quiet and is going thru the chrorno between
336 to 340 fps,easy to cock,cannot say any thing bad about the bow!
Nice finnish,great bow!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Spike

I have not been on in a long time but think I will offer what I know.... I have the Parker Terminator. After getting some issues worked out I love it! The limbs were adifferent thickness. I couldn't get good groups at all. But Parker took care of it and the bow shoots groups so tight that I have to use different dots on the target(arrows get expensive)! I have a red dot scope on mine that seems to work great.... as far as cocking it not to bad but reccomend getting a cocking device. I use the excal. Makes life a lot better. the Parker are a little long but I'm a tall guy so that is a benefit to me, however my son is on the shortside and has a hard time reaching down to pull the string back.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I did my best to talk one of my buddies into buying an Excalabur, but he bought a Parker instead. He had a few issues with the trigger assembly. The screws kept working loose. Come to find out the plastic was cracked. He also had problems with the teflon tape on the riser peeling off. After a few calls to Parker the problems were fixed, and he is happy with it, and took a nice deer last Fall
Old 05-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have done quite a bit of shooting with Parker's Crossbows, plus have used them in a series of crossbow workshops I have done. They are a very fast and accurate bow. Best of all as has been pointed out in the above messages, the service from Parker is excellent and that is what separates the men from the boys.

What amazes me when I do a workshop is that I usually bring a Horton, an Excalibur, a TenPoint and a Parker. The most popular bow, after the attendees pick up and sholder each one is the Parker - by 25%. Of course the Horton gets 25%, the TenPoint gets 25% and the Excalibur gets the other 25%. It really is quite interesting. No clear favorite, it just depends on what feels good to the shooter. The point is that Parker is right up there with the rest based on popular vote of the shooting public.