Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

ATA Show Review

Old 01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: ATA Show Review

wonder also david how much the stock difference will play with me, my stealth has a thumbhole and the defender has the slider stock, ? will you when you get a defender shoot it also with the progressive dampening pkg. to see the DB rating with it, please, and thank you again sir you are what this industry needs a distributor that listens and tells his opinion's, thanks!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

You are welcome Some of the manufactures are none too happy that I "tell it like it is" but every product has a pro and con...I am not going to sugar coat it for anyone and if it causes the manufacture to make a better product (the StrykeForce is a good example of where they listened) that is great. The stock is the Slider stock. It is a bit short, but if you hunt from a tree it is actually a great asset. Mirko commented about it being too short and I said "you dont hunt from a tree, do you ? Angle it down like you were shooting at a target 20ft below you" He did that, looked up and when "OOOOhhh, NOW I understand". The short stock on TenPoints is actually a design feature. As far as the dampening kit I would not waste my time putting it on this particular bow...it makes next to no diferance on the CLS bows and all it really does is slow it down...An STS on the other hand

Wyvern
Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike

Is there an STS system out there for the CLS bows??
Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Nope...STS probably will not make it and the manufacturers...ready for this...Some of them dont even know what it is!!! I was laughing at one that makes compounds as well that has them on their compounds factory but did not see why it would be a good idea on the crossbows There seems to be an attitude that "crossbows are loud, nothing we can do". I was SO pleased to see it factory on the StrykeForce. It works just like it should on that bow..

Wyvern
Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 PM

To clear things up, we have never approached any company in China to build our crossbows nor did we provide anybody with "blue prints". We would not have invested in CNC machines and buildingif we were thinking of getting a Chinese company to build our product. Excaliburs crossbows are 100% made in North America!

Peter Balfour
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Arrrggg...[:@] I KNEW I had missed something!!!! Sorry about that, this is what I posted in the same thread in Archery Talk:

"As an amendment to my earlier statement I was contacted by Excalibur and was assured that the rumor that I had heard about their product being made in china was incorrect and they have never had their bows made anywhere other than North America.

Wyvern"[/align][/align]Sorry about that, I was supposed to post this here as well...[/align]