Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T ML

Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T ML

well the mutts run a nice 8 pt by me and no i didn't get him and some of the mutts growled and stayed around my tree stand fer 10 min or so. [&o]i came home and sighted in my Blk. Dia. got it sighted decent and ran out of my old Goex 3f. so i opened my new can and words can't descibe my dismay, it looked like small coal chunks! [:-][&o]must be 2f in a 3f can. my shoulder is sore and now i have no powder. i have this stuff but i have to sight in again.too sore to go thru it again. []i tried those Pa. conicals out of my Grey Hawk and got 1 ft. group at 25 yds off the bench. tried those hornady blk sabot with xtp 300 mag bullets and broke my plastic Traditions short starter trying to push one down the bore. i finally got it down using the range rod. too hard for that ML to use in it. [:-][:'(]so i am at sq. 1 i will hunt with my CB til my shoulder gets better and try to resight the ML's in again[:@]
Old 11-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O/T ML

You hunting with dog's smoke?
Our dog hunting starts 11/08,Thats when I'll hunt with dad,cleaned the old (1927) Browning A-5 12Gtoday.

I killed a doe 11/01 a few hours before I got the call about Kelly.
Been to down to post about it.

I will another time.
I havefull cans ofFFF & FFFF Goex,I wish I could get it to you,I no longer need it
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntin' with dogs, strange concept for me. Hereabouts we can hunt the dogs that run deer.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

no its against the law to use them here. these mutts either belong to someone or are strays. runin packs, they growl and hair stands up, had to lay 2 down. they will jump on you. sure glad i am in my climber. couldn't get ML to load 3rd time the sabot bullets hornadys are too tight. i have not seen a fawn and i think they are the reason. welli will be hunting with my CB in the morning and every morning til i can get the ML's sighted in. thats ok they will do the job
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to work on a Navy base and they had a pack of wild dogs that lived out at the dump.
Scarey.
We carried side arms
Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

i didn't go this morning the winds off big muddy are ripping 25/30 mph and it was sprinkling. i don't hunt in the rain, i may get caught in it but not by choice