Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 phoenix/lumizone >

phoenix/lumizone

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

phoenix/lumizone

Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default phoenix/lumizone

i pulled scope off yesterday when i came out of the woods from hunting. i can see with my eyes but the scope can't see its blk xhair or markings. even with the Ill. turned on. i see it but then it causes flaring in lens. i put my peep & pin on sighted it in at 30 yds. its fuzzy unless i put my reading glasses on. i was getting 3" groups so thats good enough fer getting tick toters all day long.
sides i have miss vixen and her for real can see scope if i can see it with my eyes it does too!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: phoenix/lumizone

well i can tell you 1st hand i could see my pin long before i could see the xhair in lumizone this morning. i had scope in backpack and got it out while it was just getting light enough to see the tree trunks. i kept looking and no doubt if a deer would have shown up it would have been in big trouble from peep & pin. []
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried adjusting the eyepiece to match your eyes, Smoke? Screw the ocular lens housing in then out while looking through the scope every few turn to see if it makes a difference.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cossack

Have you tried adjusting the eyepiece to match your eyes, Smoke? Screw the ocular lens housing in then out while looking through the scope every few turn to see if it makes a difference.
Mike, I too have read that an out of focus xhair causes the "shine" in the scope even at the low light positions. I know from hanging w/ ya, our eyes are way different.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM

HI ALL
I HAD THE SAME TROUBLE THEN I ADJUSTED IT NOW ITS GREAT!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have adjusted the focus til its clear and sharp. it just doesn't pickup the light as my eyes can that early in the morning. then if i turn on Ill. setting i see all markswell but it glares enough that what i am looking at is still dark. the green fiber optic pin i can see it even tho my eyes can't focus it clearly it being too close to my eyes. i was going to get a red dot, but thats the trouble every thing red glares badly where as the green is very easy for my eyes to see. the Bushnell on miss vixen is great glass and i see very well with it in the almost dark. there is a diff of day and nite between the 2 scopes.
that being said the old adage speaks the better the glass the better you can see. well maybe i can find a huge field of view that i can see in almost dark in a green dot/holo or something of that type. the lumizone is great for what i got it for 3-D shoots, i just wanted to hunt with miss phoenix some this year. i have gotten that Doe with her and i will use the pin & peep til i get another. then i will go back to miss vixen cause she can see in the dark! [8D]
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What ever floats yer boat, ya old coon! Ya got what? 5 deer last year, I got one and a gimme hog. Tell ya what, though, I set up an Excal this spring for turkey w/ peep and pin, dead nuts 20 yds, had no doubt the outcome if I'd a got a shot. Bet ya a nickle against a hole in a donut, the edge of pin base is about a thumbnail thickness shy of end of dovetail on arrow side. They all seem the same to me w/ peep and pin.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats correct on distance. like you said they all are within .003. this is my 4th Excal and they all just like you said
Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

now here is the rest of the on going saga of a half sighted man getting on in age and eyes going on me. the pin is fuzzy not what i need in low light conditions. i put Lumizone back on and shot that 6 pt. i am really trying to use it. so far i haven't had a deer come by me anytime close to it being dark. [:-][]