Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Muzzy Alert!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Alert!

This amazes me.
Someone makes a post on here about "they heard someone say this" but they can't or won't name the source. I go to the company and get 2 replies from company officers and their names, which anyone else could have done by going to the website. After allof this many still wish to believe the unsubstantiated source.
Believe me if I find out otherwise my Muzzys will hit the trash but until someome comes up with something better than "so and soheard fromso and so" I'm using Muzzy's.
Don't worry, this is my last post on this topic.
Good luck to all this hunting season.

xbowbarry

Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm this was not about any company officers, it was about the owner.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if the lady ran her mouth off or not. I know Don Imus did as well as Jim Zumbo, so it's not like it can't happen. I'm willing to bet it did happens, she got wized up, and now they are stuffing the tooth paste back in the tube. Here's the pm I got back from a dual rep, xbow co and Muzzy. Yes, I'm editing it so no-one can identify the person.

I know you rep [XXXXX] and thought I read somewhere Muzzy. W/o quoting you, do you know anything about Muzzy being anti xbow except for disabled? There's a rumor floating on a few forums and thought you might shed some anonymous light on it thru me?

Tnks, Dan Yea, it's that woman that owns the company. C. Eichler. She's mouthed off in public speaking against crossbows, like at the ATA meetings. She's a vertical bow hunter, and has the same attitude as the others from what I hear. Yes, I'm Prostaff for them as well. See, I tried to get [XXXXX] and Muzzy working on a project together, but [XXXXX] had a bad taste in it's mouth, and didn't want anything to do with MUZZY. I'm trying to work on designing a new [XXXXX] for the market, and [XXXXX] at MUZZY volunteered to help with some designs and suggestions,but when I told [XXXXX], they cringed and grumbled because of the comments Freds wife made openly, though, it's been a while back when that happened. I think most people just ignore her. She inherited MUZZY from her dad. Probably why Fred married her? I just do my thing and keep rocking. I have no idea of her current opinions, and really don't care.
Have a great day!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hehehehe, it just may be a woman's turn in the barrel this time(at home)! LOL!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 PM

DNK,
Now that's funny...
Hope he's careful as freshly drilled holes in a wooden barrel will leave splinter in????
OUCH...
Very interesting info has come to light...
I have a feeling we'll stumble upon the truth sooner than later.
They do have the opportunity to respond here on the board and state their case..Maybe they will, maybe they won't, nevertheless the spirited debate is great.
Good sense of humor.
tnerb
Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

My money and I'm just telling all how I feel and if someone has a problem with that they can kiss Smokepole's behind maybe Awshuck's or Squirrel's....either way I think we can arrange a line-up.
Ya can always tell when people run out of intelligent things to, say they get earthy. I think we were talking about broadheads and not sexual preferences!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am just overly thrilled you are so much better than myself and my few older friends. its a persona;lchoice about muzzy, i just put the word out. might you be a stock holder in that company
Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I am just overly thrilled you are so much better than myself and my few older friends. its a persona;lchoice about muzzy, i just put the word out. might you be a stock holder in that company
If someone thinks I am better then someone else, it must be because that other person did something to make people think they are less then others. I do, though, think that I am just as good as anyone else.

As to finaces I'm too poor to own any stock,just a guy that doesn't like to see someone accused in public of something that has not been verified. It is called rumor mongering and on some occasions called liable or slander whichever is for the written word.

After being a cop and being sued on a few occasions, I don't like the idea of loosing everything I own for a few stupid words. Up until a few months ago, I could care less about anything to do with archery. Have been shooting and hunting for close to 55 years!

But please if you personally think they have an axe to grind about xbows then please act on your own and don't do business with them and leave it at that. Let them cut their own throat if they wish to make these anti xbow statements in public.

I am not trying to start a war about this, just trying to through out some common sense to this issue. I think we get enough of this rumor crap from rabid liberal radicals in politics.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I THINK WE SHOULD CLOSE THE CONVERSATIONON THIS TOPIC. REMEMBER...
We are all hunters and little disagreements like this among us lead to what the antis want... to divide and conquer.
Let's concentrate on our sport and promote it.
I for one am sorry I even made a response to this topic.

xbowbarry