Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Muzzy Alert!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Alert!

Ptetty much has always been above board and creditable.Maybe you
didnt read the previous posts close enough,Woody is as Awshucks says,
the people here are stand up type of folks and wouldnt stoop to
spreading loose rumors just for sake of posting.If these people say it
I for one will be inclined to believe it,havent seen any posts from
them that would prove different,just my thoughts.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke you old dog... Still stirring the pot. I'm still sticking with 100 grain Rocket Steelheads. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't care if Trophy Ridge makes them now and you can get them at Wally World.

It's still faint, but I think I can smell deer season.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey planter old deer killer, still using mine. pot stirring could be, some think so! i got a reply from Woody & he didn't devulge a name. he said the person was in the CB industry.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:55 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Planter,(or anyone else)are the steelheads good?I was looking at them at walmart but wasnt sure.Just wanted to make sure they open,cut good,and have a good blood trail.And are also strong.Also i hate when there are people who hate crossbows and say their to gun like.ticks me off[:@]I hunt with a phoenix croosbow and a reflex bighorn compond bow.I dont know why some people get so mad about crossbows?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Geez, guys, it's a "heads up" not a request to picket the factory. Woody Williams is a well know, well respected name in the field of xbows. There's no way he'd start a malicious rumor. It bears checking out. I notice on the other forums where he's better known, no one chastised him for the info.

For a long time, this was a fairly small forum w/ a core group I was privileged to join a few years ago. The newer guys were rare. We had many lively discussions and debates, but always treated each other w/ a lot of respect. There's a slew of combined experience on here, both now and then. We took care of each other. Still do. We made friends here, damm good ones. Kept them. I'm NOT addressing this to anyone poster or subject/thread, but it's been on my mind for quite a while and this seems like as good of time as any to spit it out. Rant over.
Exactly Dan, which is why I do not post and share my information or experience here as much any more. Hell if anyone ever checked to see what contributions we all made they would not tread so heavily. Too many internet experts here now adays. Self-proclaimed experts that know more and more about less and less then apparently know nothing. Bottom line is that some days I can hardly bother. My rants over, thanks for starting me up Dan, I needed to say that!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

BTW Mike, I bought some Phantoms for my recurve hunting and saw the video that came with the broadheads. They are definitely traditional shooters so it is extremely likely that they are against crossbows! I think you are probably on the right track so it is worth consideration if one did not want to support a company that was anti-crossbow.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I had heard the same thing. That they are against crossbows for all in the archery seasons. Muzzy makes a great broadhead, but I personally as a crossbow shooter have a problem with that. (That is not a company line, but a personal line, just for the record.)
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was pretty sure I had ran across a Muzzy rep on another forum sometime ago. I pm'd this person and asked them about this. I got a pm back this a.m. According to this rep, the story is true. Sometime back, a person inherited the co.[muzzy] from their father, is a vert shooter/hunter, and made anti-xbows comments, at but apparently not limited to an ATA show. Good enough for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes the owner ! she has been speaking out against crossbows, my my! I won't buy another product from that company!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

I sent an email asking them straight out. We'll see if we get a reply.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Alert!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.