Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

xbow scope??

Old 07-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: xbow scope??

I know what you mean okodaka. I still use a VariX III and a Monarch Gold on 2 of my crossbows. It makes a big difference in clairity and brightness. Far better than any crossbow scope and the Holo that I use too. Up to this year that's all I used on crossbows, just bright rifle scopes. I've found that anything up to around 3.5X great. The better rifle scope are far more tough as well, withstanding more shock from knocks and drops. The best thing about Excal scopes is their lifetime warranty vs the price. Adapting to the Excal scopes is really easy and happens pretty fast.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

okodoka-

As has been said, just look into rifle scopes!
Who ever told you that they won't work apparently isn't very knowlegable about scopes OR crossbows!

I understand not everyone likes red dot sights. Everyone's different.....different people have different desires...that's why there are many scopes and sights to choose from out there. Just go to Cabela's or other stores web site and look around till you see something you think you'll like.

Here's a place to spend a coupla hours...
http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflescopes.html

Mike
Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smallish 4 power (inexpensive) rifle scopes are hard to come by. You may want ot look at the Leupold rimfire in 4 or 2-7 poer; a Swift scope I shot for a while was a great optics value.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell Banner! i have had one over 20 years and its right xhair line has broken from center. stills works like a charm.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Try the little Simmons Turkey scope. It's around 100 bucks, small and around 100 bucks.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

You can use a regular riflescope, but many have too much eye relief for a comfortable position. You will need to use some sort of extended or high extended mount. Armalite makes one which is pretty cheap. Weaver makes super cheap(junk) rings which work. . . .or you can find whatever you want from Larue Tactical to make this work. For my crossbow, I used the Weaver rings, but may upgrade to the Armalite.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Spike

I use a cabelas ml 2x by 7x and love it, Works good for me, 50 Yd parallex.

Good luck, Stan
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM

One of my friend's new GT Flex with the best reflex sight on the planet mounted on itJMO of course. I'm not speaking for everyone :-)

I re-worked the trigger to get a nice clean 2 lb. pull with NO creep. These are sweet little bows. I just can't see a large heavy and long rifle type scope on this crossbow. He does have an Excal Phoenix with a Simmons 4 power Turkey scope on it. The diamond shaped reticle can be used for 3 distances. We worked out an arrow weight combination to get 20/25/30 yards on it. Pretty neat I think.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Because he will only be cocking his Flex with the Accu Draw, I removed the foot stirrup and replaced it with a 5/16" eye bolt with a rubber coating. Looks a little strange at first but the benefits are less weight, less overall length and less ringing at the shot which iscaused by the factory stirrup design. The eye bolt comes in handy for hanging the crossbow on stand or in the garage:-)

Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's a novel idea!