Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ten Point/Six Point Flex >

Ten Point/Six Point Flex

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ten Point/Six Point Flex

Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Ten Point/Six Point Flex

Got the bow today and of course I had to put it together right away and shoot it. Here's my take on it.
It is pretty noisey (this is going to keep me busy trying to suppress the noise, I've only shot it in the 90 lb range). There are quite a few sharp corners and edges (I have do some thing with this!). The hight of the comb is too high for the pin and peep but probably perfect for a scope. Over all it is a very accessible bow dollar wise and feels well made and put together. I has possibilities.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ten Point/Six Point Flex

I cranked up the power stroke and yes it is a lot more noisey. I can see that there is some places for improvement so I will do some improving this weekend. Still for the price and assuming I can hush this bow it is a good buy. But the string sucks big time!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Randy and any Ten Point lovers. Don't get me wrong on this bow. I think it is a well made bow that needs some tweaking. The more I handle it the more I see that there is some pretty good workmanship put into it. Parts fit really well together and finish is just as good as the best, well, except for the sharp corners and edges.[/align] __________________
Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

I actually like reviews like this, you read so many comments from brand loyal guys(excalibur guys too...)that always state that "their brand" is the best thing since sliced bread that its kind of refreshing to read about someone that actually gives an honest opinion of strengths AND weaknesses in a product
Old 04-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I bought this bow for the cottage. For kids and the wife to use. There are a lot of things I like about this bow but it is not a serious hunting bow for me because of all the other bows I have. But it is a great amount of bang for the buck so yes anyone wanting to just wet their toes this is a great bow. The noise issue is not an issue for the deer being whacked within reasonable range. This bow is fast enough for that!