Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Easton Tracer Nocks >

Easton Tracer Nocks

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Easton Tracer Nocks

Old 02-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Easton Tracer Nocks

Hi All:
I just got in a few of the Easton Tracer nocks to play arround with. I got the flat nocks. Anyway, the website has no details, so I figured I would pass along what I found. The nocks themselves are pretty cool, and require no glue and sit flush in the end of the shaft with no problems (gotta find out what you are supposed to do with moon nocks if you cant glue them...) They weigh 26.2gr compared to an aluminum nock at 32.4gr. they are switched on and off by passing them past a magnet that you glue to your crossbow within 1" of where the nock can pass it (clearance on the front of some bows with broadheads may be close, so check it) the magnet is pretty small (watch battery size) so location should not be too hard. One of their "suggested locations" is on the bolt clip. Not sure about that one...I think on the riser would be better. They come in a "sleep mode" to save the battery. You can take it out of and put it into sleep mode by holding it next to the magnet. Once shot, it passes by the magnet and turns on. After about 30 seconds it flashes. That is pretty cool!. Anyway, it supposedly lasts for 90 hours of this, and since you dont glue them in, changing them out is pretty easy. Overall...I am pretty impressed. They are sold as singles, 2 packs and 4 packs....

Wyvern

Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 AM

Default RE: Easton Tracer Nocks

Just wondering where you purchased Easton Tracer Nocks.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Any pro shop should be able to get them for you, or if you want, contact me, I will be getting in a bunch of them for stock.

Wyvern

P.S. Dave Murray kicks *** they were better before they let Bruce have a pen and paper though...

Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Spike

Do they have them for 2219's
Old 02-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, they have them for 2219 & 2216
Old 03-20-2008, 04:58 PM

how about horton carbon bolts
Old 03-20-2008, 08:15 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I've come up with a few ideas as far as tracer nocks, my "main" idea envolves a cut downinsert for a nock with a small LED mounted insidethe insert, which would be visable from the rear but not the sides, the battery is mounted in another insert mounted in the front of, and inside,the arrow behind the main broadhead insert, and conected to the LED by light gauge wire, that setup should give the benefits of both a tracer nock and also increased FOC

I'm still scratching my head but I also have a few ideas about switches still rolling around from magnets to a contact switch that shuts off by unscrewing the broadhead slightly, nothing that would be considered an "answer" yetthough...

this is all just ideas on paper though, nothing actually built yet, and to be honest probably wont beon any serious note(by me anyway), things like this are cool but IMO too unreliableto be used for hunting so if I do actually put something like this together it'll just be to see how it works

somebody will probably steal my idea now and make a fortune... [>:]
Old 03-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

This looks like a pretty good idea. It is for traditional arrows as far as the nock goes but it could possibly be applied to crossbows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk&feature=related