Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 easton tracer nocks >

easton tracer nocks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

easton tracer nocks

Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 PM

Default easton tracer nocks

i was thinking of getting some of these lighted nocks. and was wondering how good they work or dont work. i had heard that they work better than the illuminocks. any info would be helpful....
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: easton tracer nocks

They are ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!!!!!!! I have never used lumenocks but have seen a few people that have and would never go through the headache that they have went through!!

I took mine out of my hunting arrows a few weeks ago to replace them with regular nocks for practice/3d shooting and accidentally somehow broke one???? They are definantely tight in the arrow so I suggest to leave em alone once they are in the arrow. I have since emailed Easton and asked them what good the 90hr battery is if you cant take them out of the arrow without taking a chance of breaking them? They are a small electronic and I understand that stuff like this is fragile and can break. They have responded to me with an offer for me to send my nock back and they will send me a replacement free of charge since they were only a half a year old!!!
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!
Will I buy them again? YES, will I leave them in my hunting arrows and just buy some spare arrows for practice? Yes!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't compare them to Lumenocks because I haven't used them, but I have been very impressed with the Easton Tracer nocks thus far. They work as advertised and are reliable and easy to use.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I understand these nocks activate with a magnet? Is this correct? And if so, where/how is the magnet attached?

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they do activate with an magnet. It is a small round magnet that comes with the nocks. The magnet has a velcro back and a sticky side that sticks to the riser of your bow near the rest where the nock will go by when shot. I however glued my Magnet to the moleskin I have on the riser of my bow , because the sticky side didnt hold throughout the hunting season.

I have heard from others that the nocks will work 99% of the time without the magnet as well??? I have never had to try!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, I did a search and found this thread.

I bought a Tracer nock to shoot out of my new 2413's. I haven't shot it yet but played with it activating and deactivating the nock with the magnet.

I'm curious, it turns on with every shot? I'm anxious to take it out back and try it.

Any more feedback?

Where do most or any of you that have used them put them on your riser?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, that's what Matt used last year when he hunted with me... well, the original ones before they were bought out by Easton. He should be able to help you out when he gets back...

I'm looking into them myself right now... Carbon Express just launched their own as well I'd like to use on my Maxima Hunters, so I'm trying to get in touch with them but haven't reached the media coordinator yet.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Greg,

When I get a chance I'll film the process and then post it.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, they work great, much more reliable than the luminocks. And you don't have to be twisting the nock constantly to de-activate.
Yes, they activate on every shot. I mounted the magnet right next to my biscuit, works great so far.

Quick Reply: easton tracer nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.