Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The Last Hurrah

Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Last Hurrah

for this year for me will be from tomorrow thru sat. Going to a friends place on the edge of Hot springs, he has 300 acres crawling w/ urban deer. Been waiting two years for a whack at these, he's a very busy realtor.We have til the end of Feb in Ar. Not exactly to my liking, but I can use the meat and hopefully get one or two yearlings that aren't bred or spikes. He tells me the road kill is terrible over that way. see y'all.......

sorry for the convoluted topic, don't have a clue how that happened or why I'm getting pm's from some gal in Scotland, lol. maybe the roof is leaking again! {GreenPea]
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: two spikes or yearlings that aren't bredThe Last Hurrah

Good luck, keep us posted.

Martin
Old 02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home. Five hunts, all over the 300 acres. Zip, Nada, Zilch, never saw a deer alive. Oh well. I was there, they were not!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Man I feel kinda bad for you! You have put alot of work in and put alot of miles on the road trying to hunt and have not had luck on your side! You still hunting the rest of this month around your house?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, been a bad year for me harvest wise. I have to go pull a stand I told y'all about on my buddies place, cept it's not on my buddies property and the land owner is having a hissy fit. I asked the buddy repeatedly if he was sure the location would be ok, gettin too old for this crap, lol.

I told y'all howI got string jumped twice in one w/e in Mo on the UFFDA hunt I went on in Oct. That's been eating at me ever since, could have just as well been two buggered up deer.

Thinking about going over to Oklahoma and not shooting a couple of hogs, lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Yeah, been a bad year for me harvest wise. I have to go pull a stand I told y'all about on my buddies place, cept it's not on my buddies property and the land owner is having a hissy fit. I asked the buddy repeatedly if he was sure the location would be ok, gettin too old for this crap, lol.

I told y'all howI got string jumped twice in one w/e in Mo on the UFFDA hunt I went on in Oct. That's been eating at me ever since, could have just as well been two buggered up deer.

Thinking about going over to Oklahoma and not shooting a couple of hogs, lol.
Maybe you need whiskers!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

i hunt only big bucks and i had terrible time in archery here in pa.
i almost gave up trying to get that buck,fog moved in and i could not see 20 yds.
pouring down rain too.

i climbed out of my stand and headed for truck.
i got to pipeline and looked out and there was a doe feeding 15 yds from me.
i then looked to her left and there was huge buck .
i pulled up the binoculars and do to the rain/fog i could not see the 3 points on 1 side law.

i sat there for 5 minutes trying to see if the big buck had 3 points,i believed it was buck i was after but sproul will not shoot unless i see 3 points.

all of sudden he turned his head at 15 yds and i saw a 3 inch point near his head..

that buck was 50 yds from my truck, you believe that.

ileft one fly and got him,he ran about 20 yds and fell over.

he was 6 point with 20 inch spread with very heavy horns.

i was so tired from rain/fog and walk out from stand that i had to lay down in truck before i cleaned him out.

what a long season.our hunting is getting like hunting in maine,very few deer and hunting is very hard.