Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Problem,help me.... >

Problem,help me....

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Problem,help me....

Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM

Default Problem,help me....

Good morning to everybody,
i had a problem on saturday with my CB. During the load i had broken the tab that maintain the arrow on the rail. (see photo annexed) I don't know the exact name of this part [&o]
i think to repair put one matal tab screwed on rail of scope. What do you think about. Have you some advices for me.

Thank you in advance. I'm very sad

Rob
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Problem,help me....

That tab is made of pretty heavy steel, how did you break it? Could it just be bent? I did that onceyanking the string up and over top of it, between it and the scope rail, ended up with a metal "slap" when I shot.
If it is indeed broken, it can be replaced, it is screwed down under there, but the whole scope rail has to come apart to access the screws. It's official name is the "arrow tension holder down thingy". It does have an important job so make sure you get it right.
Can you post another photo of the damage?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just call Excalibur and they will answer your questions and make sure you get the replacement parts you need.
If you remove the scope base you will find the clip is attached with 2 screws. The scope base must be removed to replace the clip.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 AM

Had the same problem,didn't bake but bent it down so it was putting alot of pressure on my bolt.Remove scope bracket,theres two screws holding down that part send it to excaliber they will send you a new one.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

"Arrow Tension Holder Down Thingy" ??????? Hummm, sounds like me talking. I don't remember saying anything. Did I say that? Someone is funning me. Dang, where did I put my drink?
BBO