Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I got my DNK string >

I got my DNK string

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I got my DNK string

Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default I got my DNK string

and to my surprise in about a quarter of the time that it was suppose to take to get here...

long story short... I wanted one for my birthday(1/31) and my wife and kidswanted to get it for me so I gavemy wifethe contact info, let her deal with Don herself, and pretty much stayed out of it

I'm surehe has alot of strings to be made and is constantly dealing with people, which I'm sure can get a little irritating in itself, and I'm not going to give any specifics as to what he did just to keeppeople from bugging him, butI amgoing to say that he went WAY out of his way and even put himself at somewhat of a loss in my situation,on top ofthe fact that my wife has zero knowledge of crossbows(or any bow in general) and I'm sure that dealing with her was probably a challenge in itself...

the string aside, I'm extremely impressed with how he conducted his business and more so with what he did in my situation, and he has a high degree ofrespect from me just for that...
in fact, out of appreciation for what he did I wanted to post mythanks to Donon the board instead of through a PM, and also to make another high praise noticablefor him and his work to anyone who may be wondering andsearching for opinions on it...

happy birthday to me...

the string looks awesome by the way, I'm going to have to go out in the snow now and try it out...
Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I got my DNK string

Hey Dan, it was a breeze to deal with Bev. Enjoy the string! Happy Birthday!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Yep! All who have not yet had to deal with Don on a personal level are missing out on a great friendship! Don has truly added to this forum and to the CB world as a whole!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

aye....he's the best.....as are his strings.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:22 PM

I ditto that....he is A#1

BOB in Pa............where I srill got snow and ice.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been making my own strings for years. Good quality, evenbetter than most factory strings.
I've always had problems with flemish twist strings for my Excalibur. I can make one, but it stretches & creeps and requires constant attention to length (brace height). Last fall I got a string from Don for the Excalibur just to see if they were as good as everyone says. THEY ARE!!!!!!!!! I put it on and shot several times to check POI & accuracy. I checked brace height and it was still where it was when I started! I hunted & target practiced for 3 or 4 weeks before I finally got to give it a couple twists to shorten it. I finished deer season (another 2 months +) without having to adjust it again. The serving is still in great shape (almose like new) and the catwhiskers are even holding up!
I don't know how he does it, but I do know it's the best you can get!
(recently ordered another for a spare - I'm not going to make anymore for the Excalibur as long as Don is still making them)
My hat's off to you Don - your strings are the best I've ever used!