Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Lumizone crosshairs?? >

Lumizone crosshairs??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lumizone crosshairs??

Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lumizone crosshairs??

I am going to purchaser a new TenPoint Phantom. Which scope would you put on it? a Tenpoint Pro View or a Lumi-Zone?
Old 01-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lumi-Zone..........even tho I really never use the light part of it but its there if I ever need it.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't used the Tenpoint scope yet, but I do own the Lumizone.

The Lumizone is designed from the ground up as a crossbow scope. The turrets are 1/2" c;icks at 20 yards. The distance between yardage settings is adjustable(by magnification). This is important. This is where all other multiline scopes fall down. Why remember 15, 32, 47, etc. when it can always be 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. It also has a handy speed indicator from 250 - 350 fps for doing this. I would suppose arrow construction might also affect where to set this. Magnification is fairly low like 1x - 4x depending on speed. Also, the instructions say that the windage triangle is good for a walking deer at 20 yards. The overall lens, reticle, etc. quality is a hair lower than I like, but this has had no impact on function and the price is right. It is made in China which is frustrating. The illumination is really a feature you might rethink. Accidentally setting high illumination at first light could blow your shot as the light bleeds quite a bit. I don't normally use illuminate crasshairs, but I chose the this time. If money were at all a factor, I think the Varizone would be as good or better of a scope. So as a crossbow scope, I would say 5 stars.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

who here has a excal phoenix and a lumizone? Just wondering what magnification you have it set on to get the crosshairs in ten yard increments. 20-30-40. I hate a lot of magnification.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

who here has a excal phoenix and a lumizone? Just wondering what magnification you have it set on to get the crosshairs in ten yard increments. 20-30-40. I hate a lot of magnification.
Raises hand slowly in the air,I do. I've had several V-zones in the last few years, one L-zone and a Leupold VXII set up for xbow use. I can tell y'all the V and L zones are 2.5x to 4x, AT THE ENDS of their adjustments, so a 250 fps setup is using the 2.5x setting and the 350 fps stuff is using the 4x setting. All else fall somewhere inbetween, and, imho, the difference in magnification is barely noticable because it's not at either the high nor the low end of the range. Guys always ask what setting their Zone should be at for a particular bow, and seldom get answers that will work for them due to the unknowns and variables like what speed are you getting? Even then, the numbers on the speed ring are just rough guide lines, I can't honestly remember one time they matched my chrony results to a T. They are sooooo easy to adjust!! Set the ring where you think you are speed wise, and shoot at preferably 40 yds or 50. 30 will work, but the other two give you all three ranges at once, the 30 sometimes needs tweaked a little at 40 and/or 50. Just turn the ring slower to raise poi and higher to lower and you're done til you switch arrow weight or string type on an Excal.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks awshucks. I think I'm just gonna stick with my peep and pin for now.