Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 O/T Huntin Room.. >

O/T Huntin Room..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T Huntin Room..

Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T Huntin Room..

Well its taken me awhile(5mn )but finaly talked the wife into letting me build my OWN room in the basement,it will be 11 1/2ft X 17ft,I just need to put up two wall and the other two are block,then I will seal the block walls and paint the whole area,it will have cement floor tho,I started tonight cleaning,it will be a project to get all the stuff out and put in other places.
The room will have all my hunting equiptment in it,guns,bows,ammo,reloading supplies,you get the pic.A man room without useing the Man card..Anyway I need to keep it dry,I will put a dehumidifier in it....Is there anything else I should be awhere off...any sugestions would be helpfull..........
Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O/T Huntin Room..

Light, lots and lots of light. Both kinds to! Tube and bulb. It would be nice to have two electrical circuits too!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Move your gun safe into it befor you do the stud walls.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of lights......ok got it..Haveeight outlets(4 DOUBLES)witch I beleave are on a 20amp breaker but will check
Gun safe....opps..oversite....will do.....That would of been a bummer....
Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I call mine "my office", that way it is a tax deduction too.
We spend more time in there than any other place in the house.
For lighting I have 2 bulbs on each wall, then a separate fluorescent bulb in the center of the room under the ceiling tiles when working on guns.
Enjoy, it is a rewarding place to spend time.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lot's of shelves. For when you get older and can't remember sh*t, you can just roam around looking for stuff, lol.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:39 AM

If there is any chance of water getting into that room ie: sewer back up, broken water heater, frozen pipes etc... make sure you have some kind of alarm system to let you know before you wake up to a flooded basement and all your goodies are shot! Menards as well as Home Depot sell some nice battery operated units that fill the bill quite nicely.

Slick!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Office good call,right now I call my Lazyboy my office..and lidhts,lot of light....

Shelves yep lots,one wall has pegboard on it all ready about 16ftx4ft..I allready have that problem with spending lots of time looking for things but aleast now they will only be lost in one room..

Just got back from Menards p/u 2x4's and paint....nxt trip will be for twelve 3/8 sheetrock,dont think I need 1/2" due to the fact it in the middle of the basement...p/u 2 explosive signs too,figured the Fire dept would like that just in case of fire....
Cant forget a door,that would sux,build a room with no door .....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since you're planning on getting into relaoding, you'll need a sturdy bench to mount your press, powder measure to. Make it big enough to (at least temporarily) hold a gun cleaning cradle and possibly a vise. Above the bench I'd also put a lot of shelves for powder, bullets, dies, etc. And run a power strip along back of it for the electrical gizmos you're likely to use one day (case tumbler, case prep station, scale, etc.) A framed in closet to hang your clothes would be nice too. Make it as large as you can. The only regret over the 16x24' shop I built is that's it's not TWICE as big as it is.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will post pics later,I should do a pic now and then finished...Hmmmm

I have a 10 ft work bench in the area now and old kitchn cubberds above the bench,I have a smaller bench to put in it too,kinda like a writing table with shelves......

Quick Reply: O/T Huntin Room..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.