Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Is it just me

Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it just me

Seems ol' cossak is getting here as well as at another place.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know I can handle all the pokes you can give me[],I remember when I 1st came to this site.[:@].Ouch,but understood...
I just needed to open this can because to me people want to make it harder then it really is,granted when you get into IBO and 3-D shooters the tinkering with sights and rests,arrows is a big factor to hit the X for top score or to shoot arrows out too 50-100yrds hopeing to get a 10 for 10 in center.
I was at a shoot last spring and a IBO shooter was showing me his setup with the mico adjust site(textonic or something)then pulls out a computor printout that he had made forall the fine adjustments for fps/yrds and arrow weight just to fine tune his sight...WOW I thought,things have changed....
So its not like Iam blind to what people do its just the amazment at what lenghts people try to go and end up with bigger problems.[]

Jason are you thinking aboutgetting the RCBSdigital scale that you can save your powder info in [X(]....That would be one of my big investments if I really get heavy into reloading...Right now Iam going to try and keep it simple till I get the hang of it......I have heard that Berger bullets are hard to work with when it comes to certain loads and calibers....I guess it could have to do with what powder they are useing too.....But I know Zero about reloading,well not really zero but close..
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I guess you are talking about the geeks. These guys have just taken the sport that we all love and turned it into a computer game. Are they the ones you are talking about?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

And others........

This is a hyp....
Here is one example.A guy sets his bow to 70lb's(so he thinks)andis shooting a 345 arrow but cant get past 282 but should be getting 305,then he changes arrow rest because that has to be the reason,,nope still slow,well ithas to be thearrows then.lighter arrows(all things he has been told to do)and cranks the limb bolts down, now he is in the state of dryfire,the bushing goes out the serving up on cam is goes bad and now it has to be the bowright....well then someone asks what scale did you use and he says my fish scale(the spring type)bingo..He was really at say 64lbs and when he cranked on the limb bolts put it to 74lbs with a 320grn arrow...
If I had a bow set to70lb's and 345 arrows,good rest and getting only 282 I wouldnt need to ask,the poundage is the 1st place I would go...So anyway

By the way I like how that new string works....
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528
Jason are you thinking aboutgetting the RCBSdigital scale that you can save your powder info in [X(]....That would be one of my big investments if I really get heavy into reloading...Right now Iam going to try and keep it simple till I get the hang of it......I have heard that Berger bullets are hard to work with when it comes to certain loads and calibers....I guess it could have to do with what powder they are useing too.....But I know Zero about reloading,well not really zero but close..
Big NO on that one!! The wife bought me a 160 dollar Layman digital scale with a built in powder trickler on it. First thing I read on the instructions is the scale must be on in the environment used for at least 24 hours before use. This is a big problem, since I plan on doing most of my shooting at another spot and do my reloading there to. I also have little faith in it since some days it will read a 39 grain blitz king at 39.1 and some days 38.9 depends on the day I guess. The scale is going back and getting a RCBS balance beam, the old tried and true. Maybe I had a bad one, but not willing to play games with trying more. If you read the reviews on digital scales they are mixed some are 100% good and some say the digital are not perfect. When working up a load I want to be nuts on and not wander why my crono reads all over the place.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see where you are comming from on that...more of aheadace then anything else.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

I just needed to open this can because to me people want to make it harder then it really is,granted when you get into IBO and 3-D shooters the tinkering with sights and rests,arrows is a big factor to hit the X for top score or to shoot arrows out too 50-100yrds hopeing to get a 10 for 10 in center.
I must have got off easy, I just bought the Vixen and got as much accuracy as I need from a bow. The second shot I took with it at 40 yards ruined two arrows and 1 broadhead. Last time I ever used the same aimpoint more than 1 shot.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I learnd that lesson too,thats why I have the Morrell Magnum 16 spot bag..