Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Don't miss in snow! >

Don't miss in snow!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Don't miss in snow!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Don't miss in snow!

Hunting lesson - don't miss when hunting in snow! Shot at a Coyote last night but he heard the shot and jerked. Never should have taken the shot due to distance and snow. Distance was about 65 yards and Coyote was walking. I guess when the snow melts I'll find my arrow[:@]
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: Don't miss in snow!

I have a fancy metal detector that works great for finding lost arrows, wether they're buried in snow or buried in the ground, as long as the animal doesnt run off with it and as long as you have a slim idea of whereit impacted the ground and/or the direction it went it usually only takes a minute for me to find one...
the bad thing is that you have to go BACK with the metal detector and get them, which I find is kind of hard to find the ambition to do...
in fact I still have an arrow behind my parents that I have to go pick up, my dad has one lost in the field I have to get too...

with all the snow we have on the ground they're waiting till spring now...
Old 12-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was involded with the Archery club and 3-D shootsI would take my Bounty Hunter and fine alot of arrows that missed then I would put them ina 5galbucket and what was left after a week or so I would take them home......
Old 12-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Never thought about using a detector. Just so happens I have a few nice ones and will give it a whirl - thanks.