Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton help!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Horton help!

Ok, I have a Horton Summit 150, the plastic rail that holds the red dot scope broke some how and the scope fell off. I went to BassPro and got a Lite Rite three dot scope with the auto adjust feature. I ordered the one with the INTEGRAL MOUNT but when I went to pick it up at the warehouse (after driving 2+ hours) they had mislabeled them and all they had was the unerisal base, so they gave me a 7/8 weaver style base to go with it free of charge. So all was well. Now I have installed the base with the one allen screw that came with the mount, which was the same type that the old scope mounted with. The problem is that now the mount sea saws up and down (piviots) on the one allen screw that it is mounted with. I do not want to crank down on the allen screw as were the base monts to the bow it is palstic and I can see it cracking. I was thinking of supergluing the mount in place but there has to be a better option. There were no instructions with the mount that I found. Anythought on how to fix this???
Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Horton help!

Ther is typically a pin or spring to give tension to the rail. It is designed to pivot because of the dial a range, but it should not flop or see saw.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:29 AM

Default RE: Horton help!

I think you should of had one Allen that goes toward the front, perpendicular to the site and then one screw that goes toward the back down into the stock trigger area, look and there should be a hole there. The pivot is like Randy said for the D-A-R. But if you do not have it you should have a screw in back there. My older Horton is at Dads so I can not look at it to see.