Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 O/T New Englander >

O/T New Englander

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T New Englander

Old 12-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T New Englander

I just picked up a used one 50 cal. LH perc. Had to repair the right side stockwood behindescutcheon. Gorilla glued it and did good clean job on it. Has a peep sight setup and no QLA in bore. I think it will be a fine shooter, a meat getter to go with the taters![8D]Unless i fall really weak it will be my last older ML. My eyes ain't going to do no fer real seeing anymore. Having to put a scope on my Grey Hawk. I had it out hunting the other day and back sight was so fuzzed up,[&o].
Old 12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O/T New Englander

Ah, another subject I know some about. Remember guys, this started out O/T. I used to compete/hunt w/ ml's. Patched round ball only. I took a course from a guy named "Dutch Schoultz" in Clayton, Mo on how to get 50 by 5X accuracy out of any ml [patched ball type]. It cost $14 and worked! I made over 25 ml's shoot those specs, some mine, some others. Mind you,I had/have nothing against in-lines, just preferred the romance and history of the old stuff. Anyone interested, pm me for details, but no secrets given up for free on Mr. Schoultz, who must be close to 80 by now. Anyone offended, feel free to move this, if you know how. [I don't]

Edited to add: I've got a few more memorable targets stapled to my garage wall, Mike, aka Smoke has seen them, lol. Remember, everyone is a champion in their own backyard, lol.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Y'all best remember about getting into any shooting contest wid awshucks. He hasnothing buttime on his hands to practice!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:07 PM

I Have one doe tag left and I plan on using that during our ML season. I have a modern Inline. I consider it more of a brass less fifty caliber rifle. I can hit good groups out to 200 Yards using Hornady SST and two fifty grain pellets of 777. I have a old CVA side lock, but really enjoy my Knight Bighorn!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reckon those Bighorns are right good shooting. Heck i like to own another 30 ML's but no room or money.Not that i am a CVA fan, but i have looked at the Wolf 209 in blue fer $120 plus shipping new. It would be lots easier to clean than any i have.