Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Strykers Busting up? >

Strykers Busting up?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Strykers Busting up?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Strykers Busting up?

Found this on AT.com Looks like the Stryker is having problems with there limbs. One member has lots of shots with no problems, but is using a 504 grain arrow. Looks like they may have sold to light of a arrow to get there FPS speed up there. I don't wish this on anyone that spent that kinda money during this time of the season!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=580218

Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strykers Busting up?

There are a few for sale on Fleabay too! Hmmmmmm!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iam just glad I bought the 2 I did......
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all for competiton. But, it's like Bill T, co-owner of Excal says: "It's not weather they shoot well, it's how long they shoot well", Sorry to hear of Rick's problems.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Last word on mine is they have had so few break that they want to keep it and see why. Fine with me and Wyvern Creations where I bought it is sending me another new one and BT will replace his when production starts up in a week or so. They have trigger parts on back order. I'm supposed to have it Friday. This one is supposed to have the improved trigger mod on it. Less pull and smoother from what I understand. Lesson here is your dealer does matter. Can't say enough about Wyvern and the support I received from him.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Final post on this is Wyvern had a new one in his store so I'm getting that one for a replacement. BT will be sending him another in an estimated 2 weeks or so when they get trigger parts that are on backorder to start production again. Talked to a rep at BT and they do not keep a replacement Desert model xbow in stock. Seems they're more interested in selling all they have to meet demand. Customer warranty issues are something they could care less about. The manner I was talked too and their attitude has me shaking my head and asking why? Since this xbow also requires a different press and one most dealers no not have it's a very good chance it will have to go back to BT for ANY repairs. At that point you're then under their mercy for a fix. (see above) I'm upset that there was zero info put out that it's in all likelihood a factory return for most issues would be required. Until now no one knew this. The bottom line is I would avoid buying one till they improve, or in this case it seems, actually create a customer support department. My dealer is sending me one or else I would be looking at a 2 week minimum for a new xbow to be sent. Archery season here ends in 10 days. That would mean 1/3 of my season not being able to use it. I expected more from BT, I got much less.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Bigg~BirddVA sorry your problems with your bow. I usually do not tend to threads that bash models or companies, but I did go to that link and read that thread from beginning to the end.

I do commend you on your handling and not attacking BT on the striker. You seemed to keep a level mindset and only wanted your bow to be fixed and back in operational shape. Most people would not have been able to do that, they would have become extremely upset, espically if they felt that the company did not care about their problem, which BT did end up give you that impression.

I try not to bash bows or companies, but I will also not praise them until they have proven themself over time, not just one or two years. I know that there are many quality crossbows on the market so I do not push one (company that is) over the other, but I do believe that recurves do provide greater dependability because you can usually fix any problem in the field so your hunt could still continue. I have used an Excalibur for over 24 years (the same bow) with no serious problems.

In that other thread, you replied:
Just like if I didn't own a car but peddled a bicycle I wouldn't have to worry about my transmission going out either.
That is a very true statement. The problem with going with the most extreme or highest tech things is that there are greater chances of failures just because of the nature of the fact that extreme or high tech is new and not fully tested. This brings me back to a statement that Bill Troubridge (owner of Excalibur) once said in regards to making a faster crossbow.
Yes we can make a faster crossbow, but at what cost. The faster you go, the more energy you have to store into the bow, the more fatigue and failures will develop. This company is more into building bows that will last and be dependable for the user, Hunting equipment should be dependable to the point that you do not have any worries about it not working properly
Again you did realize that you were using a high tech bow and that there might be problems, and sorry that you did have problems. But that does not excuse the company BT in their treatment you received from them. I guess that I have been spoiled with the thought that customer service should be top priority with any company, but I guess making money rules for some and they care not for us.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

I've tried to be fair and look at all the possible reasons why this event went like it did and I keep coming back to BT and their lack of planning and care in the customer support area. I talked to multiple people there and got the same response or results. Like anything it's only as strong as it's weakest link. Their's is customer support. Not trying to do a bash but keep the info accurate and correct. Many times the poster gets bashed when reporting a problem with a company. The xbows guys haven't done that and I thank you. Even if I got it I still would post because it's not right to spend that much on a product and get little to no support when you need it. And if we don't alert others then we're just as bad in a way as BT is.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA
Not trying to do a bash but keep the info accurate and correct. Many times the poster gets bashed when reporting a problem with a company. The xbows guys haven't done that and I thank you. Even if I got it I still would post because it's not right to spend that much on a product and get little to no support when you need it. And if we don't alert others then we're just as bad in a way as BT is.
Your right in that statement. I also do believe that if your stating FACTS and have the proof to support your claims, your not bashing, only educating others (but it also depends on how you do it). I can remember when over on the Excalibur forum (and they do welcome shooters of other crossbows) someone was commending Excalibur for their customer service. Bill replied that it was a sad day that he was getting all of this praise for something that should be automatic and not an extraordinary service. He also mentioned other crossbows manufactures that gave the same customer service that his company did.

I as a customer do not expect that everything that I purchase will work perfectly all the time. This is just the nature of manufacturing things, sometimes things will break or malfunction, no matter what a company does to try and not have this happen. But what I do expect is that a company, which was happy to take my money for their product, stand behind what they made for sale and try to correct the problem.

Good luck to you and happy hunting.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I have 10point and excaliber Xbows and have had for more than 10 years, the only trip back to the factory was a 10 point and that was for an upgrade,I dont even have an idea of how many hunting trip or deer ,i remember 11 in the past 3 years and a bobcat most proud of the bobcat they are difficult. Lee

Quick Reply: Strykers Busting up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.