Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Beman ICS or Easton Axis? >

Beman ICS or Easton Axis?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman ICS or Easton Axis?

Old 01-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beman ICS or Easton Axis?

I am desperate need of new shafts. I finally wrecked most of my Beman ICS's I do have and am looking into a dozen of something. I am fine sticking with the ICS's, but I really have a urge to go with the Axis shafts.

Which ones?
Old 01-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Beman ICS or Easton Axis?

A half dozen of each is the answer....

Seriously MM, I am somewhat in the same boat as you. I have about two dozen ICS hunters as well as about a dozen ACCs sitting in the basement but I might just have to invest in some Axis as well. I am always looking for better penetration and durability but the mechanical question has me a bit concerned.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My only concern is shaft diameter with the Axis. How much smaller than the ICS 400 are they going to be? I don't mind a thinner shaft, but I really don't want toothpicks.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Going by my fletching jig....a typical ICS shaft is somewhere between a size 18 and 19 aluminum. The Axis are supposed to be in the 16 to 17 range if I remember correctly. To give you even more of a perspective I believe the previous "skinny" carbons were around a size 14 aluminum again, if I remember correctly.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you're saying they are thinner than my Bemans, but not so much they are very noticable?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:20 AM
CG

It'll be noticeable but will it have any affect on anything? Not really unless you're shooting a prong style rest and then you'll have to do some tweaking.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The old pultruded Bemans were 15/64 for the lighter sizes, and 16/64 for size 60/80 on up.

The Axis arrows (if I read correctly) are 17/64 for sizes through size 400 and 9/32 (18/64) for the 340s and 300s.

Mine are definitely thinner than ICS or ACC 3-60s that I have. Enough difference in diameter that I bought an ICS Biscuit to try instead of the Aluminum biscuit that I usually use. They are heavy walled, and look pretty tough, spin broadheads near perfectly on every shaft of the dozen. I don't know about fletching, since mine came already fletched. I am anxious to shoot them to see how they do, but can't right now until I am finished with my form work. The temps and wind here are making it easier to wait to shoot though.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff,

Where did you pick them up at?...in case I really get the itch...
Old 01-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

The Axis really have me intrigued. They appear to be about the same diameter as the ACC 3/49s. They are not so skinny as to scream out "toothpick" and they seem fairly tough. I am thinking of getting a dozen just to fling around to see how they perform. I can get them for $60/dozen raw shafts, what is everyone else seeing as far as prices?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you can get them at 60 a dozen shafts, buy all you can and I'll take two!! Everywhere I've seen them thus far, they are between 80-100 per dozen raw shafts.

Quick Reply: Beman ICS or Easton Axis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.