Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CARBON BOLTS

Old 10-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: CARBON BOLTS

What do you haveto do to get them shipped to your local wal-mart?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

my barnett will not shoot a aluminum arrow very well .
Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Lots of good info so far and alot of happy people with Gold Tip arrows. Here are some of the specs on them you may be looking for. One thing that is different with CB over Compound is a heavy FOC balance. I think my GT II's are 18% and some guys say even better with 20%. But to light of a FOC and you will not have good results. With the knowledge base you seam to have that is the best I can give you. Here are the specs...

Weight - 7.3 gr / in.

Spine - .300"

O.D. - .337"

I.D. - .300"

Old 10-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just go to the walmart website, create a free account. Buy the bolts with a debit or credit card. You will see on the site how to get them sent to store for pickup. It's on the shipping section of the checkout process. Also If you have a Gander Mountain nearby they have the Carbon Express bolts for around $5.95 apiece and sell them by the bolt. The Hortons are double wrapped each direction to make them stiffer. I was kinda surprised the Hortons are as good as they are. But some people might not like the long vanes they have. However, I've been using them with no problems, and killed a big doe the 3rd day into the season. The Carbon Expresses are good too. As well as the others that have been mentioned. But the price can't be beat on the wally world Hortons. They are also pretty stout. I can't remember what they weigh but it tells you on the Horton website also. But they are20 bucks morethrough Horton! Go figure.They are basicallyEastonbolts with Horton matched weight inserts. Hope this helps! Here are the links again:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4241746

http://www.crossbow.com/AP070.aspx

Also, Alot of the people on here really know their stuff. There's alot of good info. They've been a great help getting me started. Especially you Dan!! lol.

chris
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755
Also, Alot of the people on here really know their stuff. There's alot of good info. They've been a great help getting me started. Especially you Dan!! lol.

chris
IMO this site is hands down the best! I think we have turned into a true CB helping resource. I hate to mentions names as you did, since so many people have helped me, but Dan has done alot with me in my Excal venture. I thought for sure when I was done he would put me on a PM block since I was sending him PM's non stop. We also have what is turning out to be the best string maker for CB's, Don, at our very door helping us. But getting to the name thing Dan, Dave, Don, Mike, Robert, both John's, James, Lee, Roger,and now we have twoChris's chipping in. Allhave been a big help for people. I call them by first names because we all have been enjoying this great campfire as friends, but are limited to the wires of the Internet. Iam sorry if I left people out, we are growing big with lots of helping people and there is a wealth of info in here!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK i went and they're good but its moon noks! Can't use them, plus by the time i pay taxes and gas its over $70 fer a dz. I can get a dz. power bolts including shipping $61.50. The info is good y'all that can use them.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO this site is hands down the best! I think we have turned into a true CB helping resource. I hate to mentions names as you did, since so many people have helped me, but Dan has done alot with me in my Excal venture. I thought for sure when I was done he would put me on a PM block since I was sending him PM's non stop. We also have what is turning out to be the best string maker for CB's, Don, at our very door helping us. But getting to the name thing Dan, Dave, Don, Mike, Robert, both John's, James, Lee, Roger,and now we have twoChris's chipping in. Allhave been a big help for people. I call them by first names because we all have been enjoying this great campfire as friends, but are limited to the wires of the Internet. Iam sorry if I left people out, we are growing big with lots of helping people and there is a wealth of info in here!

I now realize what you mean by the names. Alot of others have also helped me out. Especially with all the posts. Didn't mean to leave out all the people who have helped me. This whole site contributes and helps someone everytime they post. I was just kinda teasing Dan because of all the PM's I sent him when I first got on the site....Pretty much everyone who has posted has helped me in some way or another. There's is alot of good info to learn from others. A BIG Thank You!to everyone!! I appreciate it!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:31 PM

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE IMPUT, I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP, I'VE ORDERED SOME CX AND SOME GT LASER II, I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE BLASERS AS I HAVE GOBS OF THEM. WHERE DO I FIND THE 110 INSERTS? HOW MUCH DOE THE GOLD TIPS BRASS INSERTS WEIGHT?
BETTER GET TO THE STAND ILL CHECK BACK LATTER,
THX AGAIN,
ANDY
Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

here's some weights on GT's.
Alum nock 22 gr
Alum insert 32 gr
[3] 2" Blazers 18 gr
[3] 4" Duravanes 27 gr.
Brass inserts 111 gr.

Millers killers, as they are called here are 431 gr GT's w/ 100 gr points included, brass inserts, 4" Duravanes. Alot of the Excal crowd shoot them along w/ "Boo" custom FFF string, expect about 15 fps loss over lighter factory GT's, which have been replaced by something else I have no experience w/.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I wasshooting Thunderbolts by Easton, but i changed back to Alum....carbons were shooting too high with my Muzzys on and i did'nt want to peak out my Truglu scope...so i stuck with the 2219's and they fly perfect with the 125's!!! Honkers