Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton Scope *** Review of Scopes >

Horton Scope *** Review of Scopes

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Scope *** Review of Scopes

Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Spike

Default Horton Scope *** Review of Scopes

I have a Horton scope that came with my HunterMax 200.... And have had great service out of it. Anybody know who makes these for Horton ...
Another note, who all makes Crossbow Scopes, and what do you folks think is the best quality scope that will give a man great service .... For we all know, the most expensive scope is not always the best. I'm only in my second year of crossbow hunting, and would just like to know.... Maybe for futurereferences ...
Thanks,
BTW: Hunted all Weekend, seen some big beautiful bucks, but of course, all was out of range both days. And on the second morning,I ran a nice 12 point Monster away from my feeder before daylight, the Cuddeback camera caught it. Made me sick !!! Maybe I should have spent the night in the trees **********
Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Horton Scope *** Review of Scopes

I am not sure who makes Horton's. Alot of guys on here including me think the Excal scopes are the best CB specific scope out there. I have the Varizone on my Horton and the Lumizone on my Vortex. The speed rings are the best IMO.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just sold a Horton (new) with rings to a Horton owner fer $70. I was so glad to dump it, was nothing but a headache![&o]Was replaced severals times by Horton.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to buy an Excal Lumizone to put on Miss Phoenix to use at3-D shoots. My rifle scope is the best i have found to use fer hunting. Reasons why! Its heavy duplex is the German reticle. Has the 3 heavy bars & i sight in at 25 yds. then at 35 yds. i put bottom post exactly where i want my arrow to hit, it does. Just like the xhair does at 25 yds, It gathers light very well, if you can see a deer with yer eye then its light enough to see it with my scope!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourselves a favor and stay away from the Horton 4x. I've had three of them, all had problems. They sell for $99. You can get a V-zone for $89. You need a return authorization number when you have problems w/ the Horton, only need a phone call to Miller if your V-zone or L-zone pukes, no time limit. In all fairness, Horton did a great job replacing the defective ones I had.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also had to have my Horton 3dot red dot replaced. The second one works good and fortunately my dots are right on the money. But I could see problems for some bows. It's a cheap scope and I just got luck is all. It came with my bow. I would not go out and buy a Horton scope. My Horton CB works well and is very accurate. I've already killed a big doe with it. But I am considering getting an Excal for next year simply because they are much lighter, and I can do all of my own maintenance much easier. I should have bought an Excal first time around, however, the Horton is serving me well aside from the first scope problem and I don't like the extra maintenance and expenseof a compound. They also come with crappy strings. I had a custom string made up and it's 10x better! I'm new to this, so I'm living and learning!!

chris
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with aw...they're junk and they take too much glare...i went to the truglu redot...much better!!!!!