Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Well I guess it's over..for this year atleast >

Well I guess it's over..for this year atleast

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Well I guess it's over..for this year atleast

Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Well I guess it's over..for this year atleast

Feels like it just began, but my crossbow season has came to an end. I was not fortunate to see anything I could get a clean shot at this season, but it was nice getting out in the woods a bit earlier this year. I might end up doing some turkey hunting in the Spring. Rifle opens up on the 20th and I'm out of town this weekend. Wish I'd had gotten a chance to take one down with it, but I still love my Exocet and wouldnt trade it for anything. For all you still hunting with your crossbow, good luck!!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Well I guess it's over..for this year atleast

Sorry to hear your season is over. Our bow season goes out Nov. 3rd for the opening of blackpowder. I will continue to use my bow and blackpowder for the remainder of the season though. We can hunt deer up to the 5th of Jan.

Funny to watch some of my friends look at me when regular gun season starts and I got my bow with me still..
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM

I'd actually thought about still using my crossbow when rifle season starts. However I am hunting primarily for meat and I had to let some nice does pass because they were out of crossbow range. Hopefully I'll see them again and I'll reach out and touch them with my 306.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

OVER!! My season does not even open until 10/15.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt on private land so its not so bad, but once regular gun season comes in its almost like ringing a idiotbell fora coupleof the others that hunt here also..

I actually had one tell me he shot at a doe. I asked him where said doe is and he replied that he shot over her back. So I assumed he got a bad shot or she ducked him.. Nope he replied that he shot over her on purpose. We found a dead doe in the area a few morning later looked as if one little pellet got her.

But guess tracking and dragging a deer is alot of work when you can't walk more than 200ft from your truck so you can drive back and forth and back and forth.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Living in a shotgun only state buckshot is an option but having patterned the stuff before it is stunning how poorly it patterns outside of even 25 yards. It's like a crap shoot if a 00 buckshot will even end up in the kill zone.
Maybe with an extra full choke or driving in a thick swamp. I guess it's easier than sighting in with slugs which is probably a big attraction to some.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well the first week and a half of our xbow season here is overgot a doe day before yesterday and a button buck today used the new exocet,still have one tag left saving it for muzzleloader season next week unless that 14 pointer comes by.Lee