Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 range of crossbows >

range of crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

range of crossbows

Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default range of crossbows

iam shooting at deer this year at 0 to 25 yards. Because i was unable to get my 30 an d40 yard pin set because all the local pro shops only go out to 25. And i can not shoot at my house i live in town and the max i could shoot would be 25 yards and i do not wont my neighboors getingmadat me for shooting in such a confind area

i am thinking about getting a cross bow for next year

can i shoot father with a cross bow. And what is the max distance i can shoot. Keep in mind i will be buying a cross bow. so i will more then likly get one that will let me shoot the farthes andhas the most weight . What brands do you guys recommend

My raesonis i live in indiana and the area i hunt has a soybean field 60yards or so away. and i could easyly feel my tags if i could get out that far from my current stand site. i do plan to putup a few more stands next year if everything works out with the land owner.but the one i have now is in the middle of a low spot that is clear for 15 yards out.and has about 10 trails through it .and i do not wont two stands 40 yards from one another
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: range of crossbows

I will be honest with you! Arrows from CB for all their power they fall fast. They're at their best out to 30 yds. It always depends on the deer. Are they calm and feeding, if so and you have the right CB scope 35 maybe 40 yds. is max! Heavy as in arrow or CB? Weight or power pounds? What type of CB do you want? How heavy in weight do you want to tote? Excals recurvesare lighter than compounds. Prices from el cheapo's up to couple of grand. Lets talk!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

the custom bubinator crossbow with a nuclear tip will take a deer at a thosand yards thats the one i use and highly recommendfor you can get one at bass pro shops or dealer direct then you dont have to worry if they are to far but use caution make sure there is at least 6 feet on concrete between you and your target or deer thats all i got ta say for now happy hunting this fall jaime
Old 10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol nucleartip hunting arrows now i have hured it all i gusses that arrow butcher cooks and gives the meat a nice green tint to it
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck to everyone

Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: arch_angel74

the custom bubinator crossbow with a nuclear tip will take a deer at a thosand yards thats the one i use and highly recommendfor you can get one at bass pro shops or dealer direct then you dont have to worry if they are to far but use caution make sure there is at least 6 feet on concrete between you and your target or deer thats all i got ta say for now happy hunting this fall jaime
Lol!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 PM

I try to always do the twenty yard game, deer does not stand a chance. But would do thirty with confidence on calm deer, 35 yards would make me uneasy, but guys do it alot. Anything past 35 and I just get to worried about all the problems that can come up. Like smoke said, CB's are big and bad, but they run out of gas real fast compared to regular compounds. Sixty yards or even fifty is just a big no no to me, if that is the closest you can get, wait til gun season IMO.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I have a stryker. I'm new to xbows and am not an expert but, this thing came with a three dot scope. They are for 20 - 40 - 60 yards. At 60 yards my arrow is still a challenge to pull out of my Target and I can consistently hit the kill zone. Still enough KE to make the kill. I believe it's a 400 or 425 grain arrow w/100 grain broadhead. It's clocked at just over 405 fps. I haven't had a chance to shoot a dear/deer yet but with my laser rangefinder for a confident distance and my confidence that I can hit a static target at 60 yards and I'd fill my freezer.[&o]
Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gimphunter

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I have a stryker. I'm new to xbows and am not an expert but, this thing came with a three dot scope. They are for 20 - 40 - 60 yards. At 60 yards my arrow is still a challenge to pull out of my Target and I can consistently hit the kill zone. Still enough KE to make the kill. I believe it's a 400 or 425 grain arrow w/100 grain broadhead. It's clocked at just over 405 fps. I haven't had a chance to shoot a dear/deer yet but with my laser rangefinder for a confident distance and my confidence that I can hit a static target at 60 yards and I'd fill my freezer.[&o]
What's a static target? That's been my problem w/ Stryker since they brought it out, 20-40-60 on the sights. The 60 is not realistic for white tail deer, imho. Moose, Elk, antelope, turkey, bear, yes, but so are many others.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM

Gimp, Have you ever bow hunted deer before? Saying that nice, not being rude, just curious. Said you where new to CB's was wandering if you are new to close range deer hunting? Most CB's have been around the 330 mark for a while, Having a CB that goes 20 to 25% faster does not increase the range of it by 75% Comparing 330 to 405 and 35 to 60.

Quick Reply: range of crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.