Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands >

Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Spike

Default Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands

Have any of ya'll ever used this stand?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20055&rid=&indexId=cat20055&navActi on=push&masterpathid=&navCount=16&pare ntType=index&parentId=cat20055&id=0047084

Thinking of getting one and a few extra brackets to use on public land. I figure a $20 bracket getting stolen is
easier to deal with than an $80-150 stand. Besides... could always hang several brackets for more options. I
think it would be more secure anyway because it would draw less attention in a tree than a whole stand,
especially when camoflaged with a small piece of camo netting or slid around onto the top of a branch or
something. Thanks for your help...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Default RE: Cabela's E-Z Hang Treestands

I've got one that I have used for years. In one spot I left the bracket up and would just hang the stand each year. When I finally stopped hunting the spot the bracket was so tight I could not get it off.

On mine, the bottom (platform) didn't snug the tree real tight and I always used an additional tie-down strap to make sure the platform didn't kick out when climbing in or out of the stand. Personally I would never attempt to get in this stand without the additional strap at the bottom. It was probably this stand that really made me aware of this potential for falling. I strap all my stands at the bottom now!

When the bracket is really tight against the tree, it takes a little effort to get the stand "post" into the bracket. Afternoon's, when there is plenty of light, it's not bad, but in the morning in the dark it could be tricky.

Other than that this is a great stand. It is very comfortable, roomy and quiet. I also like the adjustable angle on the platform. Nothing more scary than being 25 feet up and trying to stand on a platform that slopes toward the ground.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Spike

Thanks for the tips, especially the second strap.

Anyone else?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to know what system for climbing is the most foolproof for an old geezer? Freestanding lean-to ladders or steps? I'm wondering how I can get myself up the tree safely. I mean safely beyond the climbing belt or harness system.