Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

C'meer deer

Old 10-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default C'meer deer

I know there are lots of bait things on the market that get more hunters than deer, but i would like to know if anyone has any luck with C'meer deer. or is Hank Parker and all the rest of the big names that stand behind it , full of it.[:@]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: C'meer deer

I have tried deer caine and deer dope and all the rest and all they have done is cost me money. I put out a block and the rain washes it away before the deer even look at it. The deer are gonna be way to busy eating acorns anyway.
When I see the guys like"should still be fishing" Hank shoot a deer over it or sumpin like acorn rage they make it seem like they poured it out the night before or as they climbed into their stands.. I got $10 that says the outfitter was given a truckload to put out ahead of time and that there is a corn feeder or such right off screen. Hunt right and save the $20 for some other piece of crap us hunters just love to buy. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard of many different results for C'meer deer. I think it will depend on the deer in your area. Some claim that the deer are attracted to it, while others say that deer will pay it no attention.

I did take part in an atttractant test a little while ago (with trail cam for results) and I did learn somethings from it. I was able to see pictures from different areas of the country, with the same solution. It was just about always different results for different areas. The maker was trying to get a solution that would work North American wide, not just for this area or that area.

What I did get out of it was that most deer are attracted to a scent because it was Different and not asociated with danger, but they will get to a point that it no longer intrests them. If you do not want to spend the money on this product on the chance that it will not work, then try some stuff that you have around the house. Pure Vinalla, Apple Juice, Peanut Butter, or set up natural feed for them.

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

...try some stuff that you have around the house. Pure Vinalla, Apple Juice, Peanut Butter, or set up natural feed for them.

Good luck.
I did that a few times and pure Vanilla works pretty good. Was hunting the edge of a corn field and put some on the dried ears and deer would stop on them every time. But two problems with it. Pure vanilla is not cheap, and when you take the wifes and she has cooking to do and cant find it, messes up her cooking and then a week later finds it in your pack you are in a world of trouble! LOL!! But like Tom said, they get used to anything after time.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

yea, i kinda figured ... well i do like the idea of the vanilla and peanut butter thing, happen to have a 3lb tub that i bought at BJs a wile back and the kids didnt like it cause it wasnt " Skippy " and apple juice at the Dollar General is cheep... ( better keep quiet about this or old hanky panky will have a new prouduct , he can call it yooo hooo deer' )
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Around here we can only use the Spray,tried it last year didn't have any luck.

Can't use Peanut Butter or any of that stuff either.

But I'm using something now that has anything beat I have ever tried and thats Stock Salt and A&H Washing Soda.

big rockpile
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I like to just drive around and find a house with an apple tree. past month now there are apples all over the ground and people are more than happy to have you pick them up since they just rot and attract bees. I get a couple 5 gallon buckets a week that way.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

I like to just drive around and find a house with an apple tree. past month now there are apples all over the ground and people are more than happy to have you pick them up since they just rot and attract bees. I get a couple 5 gallon buckets a week that way.
Illegal here.But there is no Apples around here this year anyway.

big rockpile