Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 10-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Too Hot !!!.SW Pa....one week into season..average temperature 84 degrees. Today it will be 88. Nothing moving...I have been out three times and have seen only 9 deer. In my area , bucks must have at least four point on one side and with the heat , they stay put until way after dark...no hurry..I like being in the woods...hunt with vertical bow , xbow , rifle and flintlock..my deer season end mid january...good luck guys.."64"
Old 10-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you too, "64". I just could not roll my fat lazy azz outta bed this am, but am going tomorrow!!
Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Right with you,its been way to hot to hunt here but have seen alot of deer at the lake fishin.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Well my opener is in the books. I only hunted the morning...still just too damned hot (like most everywhere). Only saw one doe and she presented no shot. Will be getting on it pretty good next week and cooler weather is suposed to be coming later in the week.

Mitch
Old 10-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too hot and windy for me today nothing moveing,tomorrows my last chance and its supposed to rain after midnight,64 for a high.hope its not windy to windy.............
Old 10-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

hot hot hot. It was 87 degrees. Saw 4 doe in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Waiting for a buck.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Got in the woods little after5:00 am had two deer walk beside the stand. It was still to dark to see what they were. Hope it starts getting cooler. Put trail game cam up close by to see what they might be.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Did not go hunting today, spent the afternoon cutting up the Deer from yesterday. Hot! Way to hot! Was cutting as fast as I could to fight off the bugs, would take a quarter out and then me and flies would race to get it done! Will hunt on my next day off which will be Thursday. Good luck to all.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Hotburn! Yes it has been hot... was 87 here yesterday. I went out to my blind for awhile to check it out, but was too hot to sit in it. I might move it to a little different spot today. I found a good crossing along the creek I got my doe. I wonder if the deer know when one has been killed nearby? From blood or gut pile etc?? I'm glad mine ran into the corn aways.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

yeah in my woods they get spooked and leave for a few days when one gets killed. I'm going out today to clear a few more shooting lanes and put down this bio logic mineral lick stuff. Hopefully get out tuesday.

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.