Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

After passing up several bucks since the opener, including two 2.5 yr old eights and a ten, I decided to take my freezer deer last night prior to going out. The big Roman-nosed doe (field dressed over 150#) showed at 6 in front of the covered tree stand and gave me the shot I was looking for. Unfortunately an unseen twig deflected the Slick Trick hitting her far back in the paunch. She walked off slowly some 20 yards looking hurt. Just stood there for a while, lay down, tried to get up several times, then expired. I couldn't re cock the Terminator for fear of spooking her out of sight. Took about 15 minutes for her to die; feel bad about her suffering but good about not losing her. She'll be in the freezer by noon today.
The Slick Magnum did an excellant job, passing through and leaving big entry and exit wounds and cutting the artery that feeds the intestines. My second deer with the slicks, can't say enough about their performance so far.
As luck would have it, the high eight pointer with a broken brow tine (the other one is some 10" long), showed as she was breathing her last. He was so focused on her and the corn combine in the field out front that he didn't see me. He's one we want to harvest but with one down he got a home free pass.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Man you guys are killing me. I got to hunt twice 2.5 weeks ago and ahve been out on the oil rig ever since. I get off here in 1 week and plan on busting them wide open. And to top it off my internet has been out so I ahve not been on here much to see how yall have been doing. Sounds like the hot weather is still messing things up but I did see a cold front coming down and teh temps dropping back home in Tennessee---Good luck and leave me some in the woods-----
Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw lots of cat squirrels and Indian heads plus other peckerwoods and bear poop![:-][] No bears no deers. Theyhaven't hit the bait in several days.[&o] I hiked up to within few hundred yds. of Mtn. top, some deer sign but awful thick brush.[:'(] Most shots 15 yds. or less. Think i will go over to the Doe, honey hole in the morning.[8D] I may sit in bear stand this afternoon. Sure is warm fer up hill hike toting bait and Miss Vixen and quiver in 10 lb. rubber boots.[:'(] I am about worn to a nub from this morning.[]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Went this morning for a hunt and was good weather but no deer. Had camo, pants and even light thermals on and still was a bit chilled when the wind blew. Did no have liner in jacket so that is a biggie. But the wind did blow some and it spit rain. Was happy that when I left it started to rain pretty good. Going to take a nap and go back out this evening. Good luck to all.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Something " huffed and puffed " at me a few nights ago just before dusk......waited for it to come back out last night, it did.....BIG DOE ....biggest doe I've ever seen in my days of hunting lol.
Nawww , I passed on it since it was about 35/ 40 yards away.....just was not a shot I wanted to take.
This doe would make a ton of ground meat or jerky lol.

Cold rain coming down here all day, not going out this evening.
GOOD LUCK ALL.............BOB
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK i went to awshucks Doe honey hole stand. Got in it at 1:30 pm and stayed til few min.s to 7 pm. Saw crows peckerwoods squirrels birds and 2 masked Bandits. They were raking out his corn into a pile and snacking down! Then i was in same stand this morning before i could even see xhairs. Nada zilch nothing and i have put in 12 hours in day and half.[&o]
Old 10-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going out to meet the wizard!Winds are blowing 30+ mph here and rocking the trees big time. It maybe a wasted trip out to hunt but i will be leaving in about 17 min. Catch y'all later tater!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What hunt???? I can't even go until Monday.. Bright spot is I think it's gonna be nice and cool after a week of quite a bit of rain. I am seeing quite a few open scrapes sothe time to Rock and Roll is here.
My wife says I'm sleeping in my camo to soon...
Old 10-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 3 but they saw me first![&o]I was in a wide bottom and 2 ridges runnning east and west. Wind was swirling so bad i had no chance. I took awshucks truck back in there like he said to. It ain't built fer that, need 3/4 wheeeler or small 4wd like tracker or samuri maybe a toy. I found a good spot but need tree stand with the air currents in that bottom.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi everyone!.
I haven't been out hunting for 2 days. But did just get back from Manistee. We did pretty good. Didn't get both days limit. But did manage 1 day limit! Actually I'm not sure we were supposed to keep 3 kings each or not. They don't really enforce alot cause the fish are going to die anyway. Anyway since this thread is for the days activities I thought I would share one pic. This is the big one I got!! First time going too...now I'm hooked...Pun intended!!

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.