Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Congratulations! I'm going to have to move my blind before the weekend. Haven't seen anything yet. It's not in a very good location.

Good luck to all!

~ Chris
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Congrats on you hunt Mike!! I went out yesterday for a evening hunt and seen nothing. We had more fresh rain the night before and I had more fresh tracks in front of stand! Had I not been on nights and was on days I may have had a better chance at getting up at 5:30 then I did since I was on nights! Last two nights of nights tonight and tomorrow, then two weeks of days, plan on hitting the morning hunts then.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out tonight to a different location and seen one deer. I couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe because it was fairly far away. I didn't have binoculars with me. But it looked pretty big. I am going back to the same place tomarrow morning.....

chris
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in my stand about 6:05 am, hot is the word to discribe it![&o]I fought skeeters by the hundreds and left at 9 am, its 91 degrees![]No deer no rabbits, saw squirrels and birds, couple of loud mouthed jays and crows. Buzzards were finishing off the 4 pts. gut pile.Plus i saw an Indianhead peckerwood getting its share of bugs out of an old elm tree close to me. They are so neat to watch, don't worry about the loud pecking. Deer feel very safe when they hear peckerwoods. They only seem to bother people, but they don't bother me none. I enjoy watching them!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey MIke... Haven't we heard enough from you in the last few days. Your gonna fill all your tags and have to much time to spend with the captain and we all know what that leads to.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out in my stand at 6:10 am wid all my skeeter buddys![&o]Yup the usual Honkers birds Indianheads squirrels crows but no rabbit or deers to be seen![&o]Twas very warm again this morning. I don't dare hunt in the afternoons here off of this river![]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

So this morning was opening day in Virginia for bow season.. I had all my stuff ready to go. At 4:30am I am up ready to get back into the woods. I take a step outside and nature forgot its Fall. Feels about 70 deg and humid as crap. [:@]I get a shower and all that get dressed taking my stuff to my truck and my stomach starts bubbleing [&:]Quickly make my way to the bathroom to prevent a nuclear meltdown in my pants. Mmm got to love the smell of my nostils burning from what ever potperri (sp) crap the wife has in there, deer should like it also.

Get to my spot park my truck a little before 6am and throw on my scentlock leafy suit and start my trip into the dark. Stomach still rumbling some. I pace myself to prevent sweating but doesn't work well. I stop take a break still have an hour before sunrise, finally get to my stand and get settled ready to rock. Still mostly dark but then they come. Mosquito's and lots of them.They can't get past my leaft suit but my hands (wearing light netting bow hunting gloves) and my opening in my face mask are fair game.

Around 6:50am or so 2 does walk out of the dark my way. I reach down and take off my safety and click my 3dot scope onto No. 1 light setting. They go behind a couple trees, to dark to shoot anyways just see their outlines. 5 minutes later they appear again this time its more light and I am ready. Still behind a couple small twigs that would be enough to throw off my shot. So I wait while I am basically being eating alive. They are around 20yards from me and I am afraid to move. I wait for them to go just a few more steps into an open shooting lane and drop the biggest. Never happens they walk over to where the persimmon trees are at the 35 yard mark and have breakfast.

I sit for another 30 minutes and Mosquito's are in a swarm on my hands 10 - 15 on each hand and I keep moving to get them away. All I hear is buzzingand since they can't get in that way they come and get all around my eyes.I throw in the towel and start walking back to my truck. My hands have welps on them the size of dimes and at least 75 spots ontop, on the bottom and sides of my hands and some on my fingers.. I left all mad and depressed..

Before going home I went to town and found some a Thermocell's and picked one up. Going back in a couple hours and taking back the woods and bringing home a deer.

Not I just hope I don't have West Nile or something
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Filled a tag on a hunt yesterday evening. Here is the link to the full story and the video clip. Enjoy...

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R22oSpZDKl0

Story thread...

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way ta get it recorded..
Thats neat how the cam works...no real effect/jump from the shot going off....Now if you have a remote you could fasten it to theforearm and zoom in and out .
Old 10-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see yer video.

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.